Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Your baby is two just stop

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My SIL and I went out and someone was like aww your baby is cute how old is she. And her reply was 25 months. Wtf... Your kid is two give the month thing up its so annoying.

After my kids turned one I stopped using the month thing I think it's really dumb to use it after 1.

Anyone else like this or is it just me??
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:19 PM
Replies (41-50):
Aeonix
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I use months, and stop at 2 years. I do often say 1 1/2 when they are 18 months. He's not a one year old, he's not a one and a half year old either yet, so for the time being I say he is 17 months. It more accurately reflects his abilities and social awareness. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

I totally agree. I hate when people say somthing like 54 months, then I have to do math in my head to figure it out. Drives me crazy actually.

Sammi20
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

I agree... I say 2 1/2 for my DD and next month I will say 2 years 7 months. Or just keep saying 2 1/2 it's not like everyone needs to know her EXACT age lol

chabeli1
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM

i totally agree! its so frustrating hearing that 

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

mines 14 months  *shrugs*

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I say it like "She's two and a couple of months" or now " She's almost two and a quarter" 

TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

People are specific because they want others to recognize the developmental milestones.  Lady with toddler says to me,  "Gosh, your boy sure talks a lot. How old is he?"  At that point I am specific because other lady is comparing her childs age and speech to my childs. Otherwise I just say he just turned 2. Or he's 2 and a half. Whatever.

Shermy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I don't personally count the months just because I am lazy, but I think there is a HUGE difference between a 24 month old and a 32 month old or a 12 month old and a 21 month old. So, to me it seems totally reasonable.

Emmakins84
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM
I used to find it annoying, but I did it too lol. I stopped at 18 months, and just say he'll be 2 in March.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaoftwo
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I use it until 2 yrs, that is how their clothes are labeled, because there is such a big difference from 18 months to 24 months. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN