Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Stay at home moms?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 126 Replies
Will you still be/are you a stay-at-home mom when all of your children are in school? Why or why not?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Homeschooling.. But I actually am going back to work part time next month. And plan to go to school and start a new job when they are older.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Blueliner
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Unless I get bored yeah...

I think I'll have plenty to do, protection sport train my dogs, take up riding again, work out even more, plenty of hobbies I'd like to spend more time on then. DH makes plenty (and should be doing even better in 6 years) so I might as well be home when my kids get home and be able to volunteer in their classes, go to school events etc.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Emerald Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I could if I wanted to but I am finishing my degree and then I will work. 

I've been home for 7 years with my children, we homeschooled. They are in school now and so am I. It was important to me to have that extended time home with them and to give our family that strong bond before sending them out into the world. LOL.

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Mine are homeschooled... and I'll be honest, there is a 10 year spread between my kids.   My youngest is 8 months..  It's very likely that I won't work again except maybe part time or babysitting here or there...

It just depends on DH's job if it stays like we expect it will or if the economy keeps collapsing or something...

I considered when the kids were older and starting to go to college, to get a part time job and help them with college expenses.

CuriousArentYa
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:04 PM

I am now. My kids are in school. I work one day month, I could work more if I wanted or needed to. We are not on any kind of assistance. We have talked about me going back to work but we both agree that things just wouldn't get done in the timely manner that we would want. And this way there is always somebody who can attend the kids events and be there when the kids get on and off of the bus.  

I don't need a job and I would feel bad taking a job away from a person that NEEDS it. 

KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I mean, I'll be 50 when my youngest is 15...  

Jentily
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

when my children started school full time I got a part time job, and I love it. My husband makes good  money, I dont have to work ... but I like contributing financially and having my own money

missamanda86
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:05 PM

When all of my kids are in school, I will go back to work. Im working on my degree now, but staying home is driving me bat shit crazy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM
I'm not sure. Thinking about homeschooling
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:06 PM

I homeschool so yup. I'm stuck with the boogers ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN