Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Monday I am withdrawing my dd from school

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 161 Replies
8 moms liked this

My dd is 13 and we are both fed up with her school. She is miserable at school. The teachers are mean and not very good, imo. The other kids are always acting up and she can't focus around all the noise and activity. So we went to a homeschool bookstore today and bought some books and she is going to be homeschooled. We've had enough and think homeschooling would be the better option. We homeschooled once before when she was in 4th and 5th grade and she loved it. I wish we had never stopped, but this time we are never going back to public school again.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM

never say never

MommyTo5Boys
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:09 PM

What state are you in?

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
LeilaBeansMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Good luck! I have no experience with home schooling, but I would make sure she still gets to socialize with any of her public school friends.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
11 moms liked this
Ever think maybe its not the school
KrissyKC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:11 PM
3 moms liked this

The homeschooling boards on here are great!  

I am so glad we made the decision to homeschool and that it will be an "all the way" attitude over it... we have our bumps, but we are thankful for the experiences.

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
Whatever works for you.
RaynesMommy07
by Ruby Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:12 PM
16 moms liked this
IMO it's only teaching her that she won't have to deal with things in the real world. That mommy will fix it and rescue her.
ilana_ny
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Does she ave any friends outside of school???

LilrockerMama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
13 moms liked this
That's not true. Homeschooling incorporates a lot more real world life than public school ever would.

Quoting RaynesMommy07:

IMO it's only teaching her that she won't have to deal with things in the real world. That mommy will fix it and rescue her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 9, 2013 at 11:14 PM
My dd did the exact same thing! We homeschool through alpha omegas 'monarch' online program. It grades 95% of the work for me so I don't get overwhelmed. Our last straw was a kid making threats on fb to stab kids then he was caught at school the next day with knives....should be automatic expulsion right? Nope! One day in school suspension. The school here is ridiculous
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)