Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hedgie mommas I need you!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

We got a hedgie yesterday from a guy who was going to let her go in the SNOW. Her name is winter but she is not a winter critter!!!!

Last night she wasnt doing a lot but today we got to hold her and noticed she was falling a lot.

The guy had her on that crushed paper junk. We took it out and put in newspaper due to lack of anything other then pine bedding.

She did a lot better but kept slipping.

We also changed her from reg hedge food to cat food (chicken soup for the cats soul brand) and tried to mix w the junk she had (had shrimp in it!!!! 3 shrimp allergic peoplehere!!!)

She couldn't get enough.

Im wondering how much of this is lack of good food or if she has WHS. I would be super sad if she does have whs as the guy said she was fine yesterday.

And ideas???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Bumpers
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM
WHS?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Wobbly hedgehog syndrome. Basically hedgehog MS. They loose use of legs and eventually become paralysed. :-(

Quoting .Nobody.:

WHS?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Nobody.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Oh no I hope your hedgie isn't sick. I just saw a cute show about hedgehogs. They are snuggly and super cute!

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

Wobbly hedgehog syndrome. Basically hedgehog MS. They loose use of legs and eventually become paralysed. :-(

Quoting .Nobody.:

WHS?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM

She's cute!  From what I understand WHS is progressive so if she was fine yesterday and wobbly today, she might just be out of sorts.  

halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
She was kinda tipsy when we saw her but he had just woken her up. We are going to get vit c drops and see of that + the new good food helps.

If not we are taking her to the vet to see whats up.

We were able to hand feed her so thats great!

Quoting quickbooksworm:

She's cute!  From what I understand WHS is progressive so if she was fine yesterday and wobbly today, she might just be out of sorts.  

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
halleys_mommy_1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
Shes moody! She throws tantrums lol. But I understand. Its a new place w new sounds and smells. But I gope she settles

Quoting .Nobody.:

Oh no I hope your hedgie isn't sick. I just saw a cute show about hedgehogs. They are snuggly and super cute!

Quoting halleys_mommy_1:

Quoting .Nobody.:

WHS?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)