Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mom is wound so tight.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I just can't handle her anymore.

Tonight was my uncles bday. His gf and my mom planned a surprise party at a restraunt for him. I couldn't come because I work so I asked her if someone could pick up our boys and dh so they could go. She said oh yeah don't worry. Didn't hear from her again. Well she shows up today at 2, I was home between shifts, she said she would be by at 4 to pick them up. Well I had to go back at 4. I text her at3:30 saying dh does not feel upto it. With everything going on(I was the "did I act porly" poster dh is depressed) he thinks being around alcohal is not a good idea. But could she still take the kids.
I got nothing back and had to leave.
Apparently she didn't show up til 4:45, asked if dh was going, he said no. She just says ok and gets them in her car.
She does not know about the depression and suicide isses, nore does she know about SS.
She calles dh 30min later says "I'm bringing your kids back" he's like "is everythink ok" she says "with M I just can't handel these two" and then hung up on him. M is my 4yr old brother. Mine are 5 and 3.
So she gets to the house. Ds1 walks in sad, ds 2 following, dh gets up to look out the door. Mom is throwing the carseats in the garage, she walks in past dh tells the kids to give her kisses. Dh tells her he's sorry(not quite sure what for) and she ignores him and leaves.

I have no idea what could have gone on in 30min that she could not handel, she wasn't even by herself there! My kids are actually really well behaved in restraunts. I've taken them and my brother out bymyself and nothing happened to the point I would loose my shit and go stomping around.
But this is my moms usual. Passive agressive, ignoring, over reacting, over bearing attitude.
Most situations she creats could have EASILY been avoided by saying what she wants.
Like if she didn't think she could take them then she should have said so.
I'm fed up. I can't take the stress she causes on top of what I'm dealing with already.

/vent
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Her BS only works if it has an audience. Try to engage with her as little as possible, and when she wants to stomp around and not say what's wrong, or tries to create drama, don't show her you're upset, and don't go after her and beg her to tell you what's wrong. If she finds out nobody cares about her drama it will probably increase for a bit and then slowly decrease. If she does this kind of thing again, just say "OK, well, see you later." and/or ignore it and just go on with your life like it never happened. Ever see a kid having a tantrum and following their parents all around the house? It's because there's nopoint in screaming your head off and having a fit if someone just walks away. She's acting like a child and the last thing you need is to play into it. Drama doesn't exist in a vacuum and you truly don't have to deal with it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Her BS only works if it has an audience. Try to engage with her as little as possible, and when she wants to stomp around and not say what's wrong, or tries to create drama, don't show her you're upset, and don't go after her and beg her to tell you what's wrong. If she finds out nobody cares about her drama it will probably increase for a bit and then slowly decrease. If she does this kind of thing again, just say "OK, well, see you later." and/or ignore it and just go on with your life like it never happened. Ever see a kid having a tantrum and following their parents all around the house? It's because there's nopoint in screaming your head off and having a fit if someone just walks away. She's acting like a child and the last thing you need is to play into it. Drama doesn't exist in a vacuum and you truly don't have to deal with it.

Oh that's what I'm doing. Dh asked if I had talked to her yet. I told him, I have no need to I didn't do anything. If she wants to try and fix what ever her issue is she can call dh. She's not going to like what he has to say to her but she will know her crap isn't flying anymore.
What's funny is she bitches about my uncle and my grandma all the time, but turns around and does the same thing to me.
JTE11
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Oh good! The last thing you want to do is to let a drama queen suck you in. Don't feed the trolls is good advice online and in real life!  If she calls to explain, I'd probably just cut her off (politely) and just say "Oh don't worry about it, I'm sure you had your reasons. " It won't even give her the satisfaction of being able to  make you tell her off. It takes restraint, though, so good luck with that. I hate BS and drama, lol, can you tell? Hope things become calmer for you with her.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh that's what I'm doing. Dh asked if I had talked to her yet. I told him, I have no need to I didn't do anything. If she wants to try and fix what ever her issue is she can call dh. She's not going to like what he has to say to her but she will know her crap isn't flying anymore.
What's funny is she bitches about my uncle and my grandma all the time, but turns around and does the same thing to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)