Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

worried about my 6month old need advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
My son has developed a cough started this morning and has gotten worse, it does not sound like barking just a dry cough. The doctors office is closed until Monday and I don't know how to soothe him until then any ideas tips....help...I've never had a sick baby.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MissMia22
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Stick his head in the shower! Well the steam lol alternating steam and cool air is a wonderful way to ease a cough...my son gets croup easily and when we notice the begining of the cough we start that and it tends to help....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kate80
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Is he snotty too? I used to sit in the bathroom and run the shower on hot to steam them. Helps loosen stuff up. Fever? Give infant Tylenol. Kids get sick. You'll get used to it ;) good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LiDoMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Humidifier,sitting on your lap in the bathroom while a running a warm shower, baby vicks rub. If however it gets worse, or baby can't eat because of it, consider an immediate care/ ER. RSV has been bad this year, and its not worth it to take risks with an infant that young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes he is snotty but no fever, I'm pretty sure he is getting sick of me checking. Thanks :)

Quoting kate80:

Is he snotty too? I used to sit in the bathroom and run the shower on hot to steam them. Helps loosen stuff up. Fever? Give infant Tylenol. Kids get sick. You'll get used to it ;) good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:36 AM
Thank you:) what is croup?

Quoting MissMia22:

Stick his head in the shower! Well the steam lol alternating steam and cool air is a wonderful way to ease a cough...my son gets croup easily and when we notice the begining of the cough we start that and it tends to help....

stickyfingers
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM
does he have a fever?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittlePiggies5
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:39 AM
nasal spray and nose sucky....my 4 month old daughter got the same thing and I used nasal spray every couple of hours it really helped with cough.....he's probably teething
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MissMia22
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Kinda sounds like whooping cough...it is a seal like barking cough and can cause hospitalization...it is super scary!

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you:) what is croup?

Quoting MissMia22:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:33 AM
I hope he gets feeling better soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN