Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it common for one to breakout (have a rash)

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 17 Replies
From new furniture? We just baught new couches and my lil one has a rash all over his body (it's not chickenpoks i know how those look) i just covered the the couches up with blankets to see if thats what his allergic to . Has anyone had this problem before if so what did you do ?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eve210
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:58 AM
I have not but here's a BUMP!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Are they stain treated?  Were they the showroom models?  Were they in the warehouse for a long time? 

There's all kinds of things it could be.  If you have a shampooer with an upholstery attachment, I would use that on the new couch.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this
If the upholstery is made of a fabric you are allergic to, yes. It's more common that the store you bought it from had a bed bug infestation. Bed bug bites appear like a rash
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Yes they were in the showroom . And i have no idea how long they were there for.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Are they stain treated?  Were they the showroom models?  Were they in the warehouse for a long time? 

There's all kinds of things it could be.  If you have a shampooer with an upholstery attachment, I would use that on the new couch.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:11 AM
Oh my. You've got skin cells, sweat, perfumes, etc. Clean it.

Quoting mrs.pina:

Yes they were in the showroom . And i have no idea how long they were there for.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrs.pina
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:18 AM
Oh ofcourse i will! My ass is going to go get something to clean them with. Btw thanks for your reply :)

Quoting ElitestJen:

Oh my. You've got skin cells, sweat, perfumes, etc. Clean it.

Quoting mrs.pina:

Quoting ElitestJen:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:19 AM

It's probably bed bugs sweety

mrs.pina
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:23 AM
You think so? I really hope that ,thats not the case here cause than that would mean that i would have to get rid of everything smh.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's probably bed bugs sweety

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsCherry10
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:26 AM

You don't have to get rid of everything. Take pic of your baby and the furniture place should be held responsible. Tell them to remove their furniture and pay for the fumigator 

JCKitten87
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Can you get a pic posted?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)