Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

unconventional co-parenting

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

so my daughter is 4 and my best firends daughter is 5. my daughters father just isnt involved and his child mother is a heroin addict. We co parent together basically do everything together except we are not dating is that wrong? I mean were gonna be best friends prolly forever we have been for 15 years. His girl friend of 3 weeks brought up that what we are doing isnt right.... well why not his kid knows im not mommy and my kid knows hes not daddy we do live together but have seperate bedrooms and our kids share a room do you think this is wrong and if you do why? What we do may be unconventional but it works for us

small update

went to my dads for a while came home and flipped. Apparently the gf and kid slept all day and the house was still tore up and of course they were still fighting shocker!!!! Well after talking to both of them and all her texts to me all night well shes more worried about having a bf instead of spending time with her own child. I kinda figured this but it came out . On top of the fact that i have specifically said i wasnt interested in dating anyone after my last break up she keeps trying to hook me up with all her male friends ugggg. Fiest and last one i met put my daughter in harms way then when i cut it off off right there and even though i dunno we chilled for a week said he was falling in love with me( yeah really weird) now shes trying once again to do it ummm leave me personal life alone.... anyways sorry for the rambling but my friend told her to basically fix the relationship with her daughter or they were done. They went home then once again rambled on how she cant wait for next weekend to spend time with him alone. Not sure how they are going to be alone considering well he has full custody of his daughter and my daughter and i will be there oh well but we were talking about this weekend him and i and well he said hes prolly gonna break up with her cause again the way she treats her daughter so now his question is how does he break up with her hes afraid shes gooing to totally blame her kid and its not that well its just her anyone have advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

If it works for you - I say beware that gf!!! It sounds like you are a family except you have sex with other people instead of each other - great job of having as normal a family life for your kids as you can

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Meh. Once she's more than just a girlfriend her opinion counts, till then keep supporting one another; it's good for you and it's good for your kids so there is no issue. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is a wonderful idea. Friends help out friends. Thats the way it is & should be :) 
kudoos to you momma! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM

i understnad once she becomes more then a girlfriend but not sure where its gonna go first time she met him she started with the i love yous and stuff and talking about marriage and she tries to put him before her own daughter saw it this weekend myself. he tries really hard to be nice to her daughter and shes just a total bitch to him but i see why. its not him its her as in her mother she bounces from relationship to relationship which is nto healthy for any kid i believe and tonight shes texting me from the other room more worried thats hes gonna break up with him then what her daughter feels. In a way i guess thats why i tend to not date stay single focus on both kids and im just happy. 

lullabylily
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:29 AM
1 mom liked this
I think it's nice, it keeps a male/female figure for the children. The GF should shut up and any future BF should not butt in unless he wants to put a ring on your finger
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:44 AM

thats what we thought. we didnt think we were doing anything wrong.at least i know we not. i almost felt kinda bad but oh well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:55 AM
2 moms liked this

Ha our living room floor. Excuse the toys on table in background. Gf and her kid kicked him out of his bed so we are all sleeping on the living room floor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:12 AM
I think its sweet what you guys are doing because they get the best of both worlds without all the bs in the middle.
Fields456
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:15 AM
I think if it works for y'all and both of y'all feel it is best for y'all's kids do it. Just be prepared for any significant others that might come along to disagree like his Gf does because try don't understand it . Plus who knows y'all might fall in love
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MsCherry10
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:22 AM

That's adorable. And you are building something solid to me. Keep it going 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ha our living room floor. Excuse the toys on table in background. Gf and her kid kicked him out of his bed so we are all sleeping on the living room floor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)