Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Was it a date?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
I feel silly. I am recently divorced. I married young and never really dated. My neighbor texted me today and asked if I wanted to go on a moyorcycle ride with her dh best friend. I wasn't sure, I am not ready to date, but I am lonely and it sounded fun. She got all excited amd told me he would be by to get me in a couple hrs. Then she came over and was talking about him. I told her I wasn't interested in dating. She said I wasn't dating him, just making a new friend. So he came by, he is a really quiet guy, we rode around the block, then went to my neighbord and he asked them to go with us. So we went on a ride, had coffee, the neighbors paid, then went home. It was cold, so during the ride he took my hand to warm it up. It was sweet. Then we went back to their house. I had to go, I said thanks, he smiled said anytime, and gave me a one armed hug. I went home. He never asked for my number or anything. We were both a bit awkward. Idk.. Was it a date or what?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:53 AM
Bump
MsCherry10
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Yes and keep me updated I love new relationships or dating. The butterflies and the simple things people take for granted. So cute!

MsCherry10
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I feel as though he knew you weren't ready and didn't want to creep you out. So thoughtful. I'm visualizing my DF and his motorcycle . Sigh good ole dating! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Geez! Isn't it kind of odd he didn't ask himself, but had my neighbor do it? I mean he is in his 40s, lol

Quoting MsCherry10:

Yes and keep me updated I love new relationships or dating. The butterflies and the simple things people take for granted. So cute!

GigantaursMommy
by MrsAwesomePants on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM
2 moms liked this

Whatever it was supposed to be it was certainly adorable.

armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM

I don't think it was a date per se. More like a try out to see if you were ready for a date? Idk. I have never been in that kind of situation. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM
But now I AM freaked out!

Quoting MsCherry10:

I feel as though he knew you weren't ready and didn't want to creep you out. So thoughtful. I'm visualizing my DF and his motorcycle . Sigh good ole dating! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:58 AM
1 mom liked this

While I know you said you were not ready to date. Kudos for you for not sitting at home. I think he sounds like a nice guy that didn't want to be pushy. Maybe you have found a new friend....maybe more. Just don't let the formalities keep you from going out and doing fun stuff!  I think he didnt offer his number because maybe he figures if you are interested in spending time together again you can tell your neighbors.

MsCherry10
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:59 AM

Freaked because you like it? And maybe he didn't have the opportunity to ask you, and its safer through a friend. After all date or not you agreed and he had fun for a little while and enjoyed your company. Do you find him attractive yet?

Quoting Anonymous:

But now I AM freaked out!

Quoting MsCherry10:

JacksonGirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:01 AM
It was an impromptu blind date that I'm willing to bet was your neighbors idea for getting you two together lol its cute regardless of what you call it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)