Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do women forget to be wifes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Why do women forget to be wifes when they have babies. They no longer consider there dh opinions. They change with there dh. Then they get upset cause he cheated. Do they not get that there kids are gonna grow up get married have there own kids.. That leaves you alone with dh again.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 5:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Okay I am going to address this one. When you first have a baby no one is going to protect, care for, and love the baby more than the mother. The mother is the one the baby has to count on. If you ever read the book, " What to expect when you're expecting." It talks about that very thing. Men can and sometimes do actually get jealous because there is a new baby in the house. They realize their gfs/wives can't give them unlimited attention and honestly they shouldn't expect it with children in the house. Yes gf/wives should show love and support towards their husbands but not 24/7 they can't give up their children completely for their men. The men should be understanding (and some are, don't get me wrong). When the children grow up it is going to be their time to have you alone again all the time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:04 AM
1 mom liked this
cheating shouldnt be acceptable because wife isnt giving them what they want if thats the case leave smh thats just an excuse
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:16 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree that some women go the an extreme.   When it came to our child, my SO  was involved from day one.  He changed diapers, gave baths, fed, rocked, cleaned up puke and on his days off, took our baby out for a few hours for daddy time so I could get a break. He would take a day off if I was sick and take care of the house and kids.  He did it all.  

A friend once told me I was a bad mother for not taking proper care of my baby.  "You LET your HUSBAND do that? What does he know about babies?"  "You should be ashamed of yourself.  What kind of mother are you"  She went on and on and actually said the words "You are a horrible mother" because I let my husband be a parent. 

She wasn't my friend after that and is now divorced.  The clincher is her husband has custody of her kids.  Talk about ironic! Yes he did cheat on her.  She made him feel like an incompetent everytime he tried to do something for his kids.  After a year of waiting for sex, he went elsewhere.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM

It is great when the guys actually step in and want to spend time with their children. I wish all guys were like that and if they were, I am sure there would be less cheating going on in relationships. Men would probably be more understanding over the fact that parenting is not easy and they wouldn't be sometimes jealous over you spending time with the baby. I know with my s/o in the beginning he was jealous over all of the attention I gave the baby. Yet, like you, I had him spend time with his son. He loves to change diapers, play with him, and read to him that is his special time. I still go out to dinner with him (my s/o) and talk one on one with him. We have a few hours of us time and he (my s/o) has a few hours of daddy/son time. I am a sahm, so I am with my ds 18 hours a day.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree that some women go the an extreme.   When it came to our child, my SO  was involved from day one.  He changed diapers, gave baths, fed, rocked, cleaned up puke and on his days off, took our baby out for a few hours for daddy time so I could get a break. He would take a day off if I was sick and take care of the house and kids.  He did it all.  

A friend once told me I was a bad mother for not taking proper care of my baby.  "You LET your HUSBAND do that? What does he know about babies?"  "You should be ashamed of yourself.  What kind of mother are you"  She went on and on and actually said the words "You are a horrible mother" because I let my husband be a parent. 

She wasn't my friend after that and is now divorced.  The clincher is her husband has custody of her kids.  Talk about ironic! Yes he did cheat on her.  She made him feel like an incompetent everytime he tried to do something for his kids.  After a year of waiting for sex, he went elsewhere.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:30 PM
We parent as a team. Becoming parents has made us stronger
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:20 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN