Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ugh it bugs me....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Dh is out with his friend and I was enjoying my quiet night alone. 12 rolls around and he texts me saying " You probably don't care, but I'm fine". When I read it I just rolled my eyes. He's a grown man I know he can take care of himself and it's only midnight so I know he's not going to get home til about 2, so I wasn't worried.

He claims since I don't text him when he goes out that I don't care about him. Really? Since when are men THAT sensitive and whiney???

The minute I leave the house he's texting me asking me all kinds of questions, and says he asks to make sure I'm ok, and that he gets in protective mode. And I can't stand it, because he makes me feel so damn ...what's the word? Incapable maybe? He just thinks I can't handle myself. I'm not scared to do things by myself or go out to the store by myself or anything, and he gets so mad that I'm not scared and that if it's my time to go then theres nothing I can do about it lol ya know? I swear he thinks just because I'm a woman that I can't handle anything thrown at me. Ugh...ok got off subject sorry lol.

I just can't stand how he wants me to be stuck up his ass 24/7, i never have time to miss him because of stuff like this. He thinks time apart isn't how a marriage is suppose to be. But I'm a sahm and I'm here every day and I see him everyday allllllllllll the time. He insist that we do everything together, and I wanna pull my hair out. Am I a bitch for feeling like this? I feel guilty, but it's just how I've always been, and I told him that before we got married. He did really good with it but the past year he has just gotten so clingy. Am I the only one like this?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Shit like this makes ne grateful dh and I only have one cell phone between us and neither of us text anyway. We've never been clingy or felt the need to harrass the shit out of the other when we're apart. Ive gone away for whole weekends and only talked once or twice, same with him.

Relationships where you're up eachothers butts all the time make me cringe. Insecure much?!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bugismyworld
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM

No I understand completely my Dh is the same way. I am with two babies all day and doesnt understand every now and then I need mommy time. Example he has  to go to the mall where I get my hair done and stay out side with the kids or walk around. ( the kids are at grandparents). Yet the whole time he texting or coming in saying how much longer or what you doing? I just wanna scream trying to get away from you so I can have peace and quite. It can get annoying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Omg, you are so lucky!!!! I wish DH was like that. I went home to visit my parents and omg he was constantly texting me. I hated it because I felt like I was looking at my phone the whole time. And lord forbid if I didn't text him right back. But I don't do it anymore, I just let him get mad. I refuse to stay on the phone when I'm at someone's house or whatever. I'm not like that at all, but for some reason he takes that as I don't care. I don't care lol..unless he's doing something he's not suppose to or he's hurt, then I really don't give a shit what he's doing lol.

Quoting anyotherday:

Shit like this makes ne grateful dh and I only have one cell phone between us and neither of us text anyway. We've never been clingy or felt the need to harrass the shit out of the other when we're apart. Ive gone away for whole weekends and only talked once or twice, same with him.

Relationships where you're up eachothers butts all the time make me cringe. Insecure much?!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Exactly!! He gets all wierd when I say I just want time away. And he says " Why are you always trying to get away from me?" And I tell him because I never truly get away from you" lol..yeah I technically go somewhere but you text me the whole freaking time I'm gone. I just like to have me time sometime. The only time I ever get time away from him, is when I go to the gas station. Oh wow, a 2 minute trip.... o_0

Quoting bugismyworld:

No I understand completely my Dh is the same way. I am with two babies all day and doesnt understand every now and then I need mommy time. Example he has  to go to the mall where I get my hair done and stay out side with the kids or walk around. ( the kids are at grandparents). Yet the whole time he texting or coming in saying how much longer or what you doing? I just wanna scream trying to get away from you so I can have peace and quite. It can get annoying

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM
My friends husband is like that. Everytime i invite her to lunch or the movies he thinks he has to tag along. So then I end up bringing my husband so it's not awkward. He doesn't understand sometimes girls just want to visit with other girls! It's annoying and I'm not even married to him.

My husband doesn't care what I do and I don't care what he does. (Within reason lol)

Quoting bugismyworld:

Junesmommy18
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM

He's too clingy for my liking. Kudos to you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Ugh, yes, dh used to be like that. Jealous too. It was like me wanting time to myself meant I didn't love him. It takes him forever to read a book, so I brought him a bunch of articles on things like how it's psychologically a good thing to have me time and stories by sahms that could explain these feelings better than me. He seemed to finally get it...or at least he pretends to because he's not quite as far up my ass!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Ugh, I've tried doing that. And he comes up with some excuse that theres just something wrong with "those" women and blah blah blah...it's horribly frustrating, I just can't get it in his head that there's nothing wrong with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh, yes, dh used to be like that. Jealous too. It was like me wanting time to myself meant I didn't love him. It takes him forever to read a book, so I brought him a bunch of articles on things like how it's psychologically a good thing to have me time and stories by sahms that could explain these feelings better than me. He seemed to finally get it...or at least he pretends to because he's not quite as far up my ass!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Hmm...there was another thing that helped, but I'm mean, so you may not go for it. I teased him...a lot. If I had to call him at work during the day, even though I knew exactly where he was, I'd get this serious, suspicious voice and say "where ya at? What are you doing? When are you coming home??" He probably would have appreciated that except for the tone I used! Or if I had to go to the store, I'd be like "I'm going to get milk. Is that ok? I promise I'll be back in 20 minutes and I'll think about you the WHOLE time!"

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh, I've tried doing that. And he comes up with some excuse that theres just something wrong with "those" women and blah blah blah...it's horribly frustrating, I just can't get it in his head that there's nothing wrong with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Haha...that totally sounds like something I would say :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Hmm...there was another thing that helped, but I'm mean, so you may not go for it. I teased him...a lot. If I had to call him at work during the day, even though I knew exactly where he was, I'd get this serious, suspicious voice and say "where ya at? What are you doing? When are you coming home??" He probably would have appreciated that except for the tone I used! Or if I had to go to the store, I'd be like "I'm going to get milk. Is that ok? I promise I'll be back in 20 minutes and I'll think about you the WHOLE time!"

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)