Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH refuses to go to bed at the same time, then wakes me up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Go off on his overtired butt?

Try another calm conversation

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Usually this wouldn't bother me.  But the last few weekends he is staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning, then comes to bed and is so overtired that he snores like a train locomotive throughout the house, waking me.

Last night it was after 4 am when he went to bed. His snoring started waking me up at 5:30 and I finally gave up, and got up at 6:30am. I am sick with the flu and feel like beating the doo doo out of him! I want to go back to bed!

I have asked him (in a calm adult conversational manner)to go to bed at a better hour, he just never does. Would you try and deal with it? Or would you tell him off and throw a fit at this point?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pristine729
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:27 AM
Always try to remain calm. Remind him that you're only asking because it is having a negative affect on you. Or maybe he can crash on the couch and you can wake him to move to the bedroom when you wake up :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BewitchedKisses
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I sleep with earplugs in. My DH works full time and goes to school full time. So he's up doing homework intul the wee hours of the morning. He was waking me up when he came to bed, but then I got the earplugs and I don't even hear him come into the room.

lesliemck86
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:32 AM

I would sleep in the spare bedroom or the couch if that happened to me. 

mariesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

my hubby does the whole first paragraph, only he reaches out to hug me when he goes to sleep add to that , the 3 yr old has bronchitis and mommy dont get much sleep

SoKamele
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

It's just not worth a fight to me. My DH has always done this....at first I tried talking calmly....then freaking out....all it did was cause problems.

Now I just don't care.......when he comes to bed and starts snoring...I gently tap him and tell him to roll over on his side.........and he stops snoring.

It's not worth a big blow out.

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Quoting lesliemck86:

I would sleep in the spare bedroom or the couch if that happened to me. 

MammaPaparazza
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Hold the pillow over his face, problem solved, he will never do it again ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

What does the time he goes to bed have to do with his snoring? If he goes to bed the same time as you, then you wouldnt get any sleep. no?

Audreesmommy757
by Diana on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

i make dh sleep on the couch if hes gonna do that(he does the same thing LOL)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

My dh snores regularly:( I usually go to another room. But it's tough, having to get up wakes me up, so I rarely fall asleep again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)