Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DH refuses to go to bed at the same time, then wakes me up!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What would you do?

Options:

Go off on his overtired butt?

Try another calm conversation

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 27

View Results

Usually this wouldn't bother me.  But the last few weekends he is staying up until 3 or 4 in the morning, then comes to bed and is so overtired that he snores like a train locomotive throughout the house, waking me.

Last night it was after 4 am when he went to bed. His snoring started waking me up at 5:30 and I finally gave up, and got up at 6:30am. I am sick with the flu and feel like beating the doo doo out of him! I want to go back to bed!

I have asked him (in a calm adult conversational manner)to go to bed at a better hour, he just never does. Would you try and deal with it? Or would you tell him off and throw a fit at this point?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM

my Husband snores too, sometimes we go to bed at the same time, but usually i fall asleep before him whether it be 30 minutes or 2 hours. If He is snoring so loud i can't sleep i will just go down to the couch. If i had the flu i would be sleeping on the couch anyways, i wouldn't want to make him sick as well.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
I'd probably ask him to go sleep somewhere else if he's going to stay up that late or maybe have him talk to his dr. About those snoring things that are mouth pieces. They work! My BIL has on and my SIL loves it. Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:39 AM

well why is he staying up so late? Stress, Insomnia? Also, he may not be snoring just bc hes tired, it could be a condition

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM

The tapping thing does not work anymore.  When he is that tired he snores like a train no matter what position he is in.

Quoting SoKamele:

It's just not worth a fight to me. My DH has always done this....at first I tried talking calmly....then freaking out....all it did was cause problems.

Now I just don't care.......when he comes to bed and starts snoring...I gently tap him and tell him to roll over on his side.........and he stops snoring.

It's not worth a big blow out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
I'd have him checked for sleep apnea if he snores that loud.
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Do you have a guest bedroom? I would tell him I don't care if he goes to bed late, but could he crash in the guest room until I get over the flu so I can rest.

Or maybe when he stays up late, period could he crash in the guest room?

My husband always goes to bed super late. I don't know how he does it and gets up for work.
Some nights he snores like crazy too. I have tried talking to him about it but its just how he is. He hasn't woken me up in awhile though.

brebugmom91
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Idk. My DH would never do that. We go to bed together.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM

He usually snores nightly, but I can get him to turn over and it will stop when he is on his side.  When he is overtired, he snores no matter what position he is in.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does the time he goes to bed have to do with his snoring? If he goes to bed the same time as you, then you wouldnt get any sleep. no?

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Neither, I would tell his ass to sleep on the couch until I felt better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

No no guest bedroom and I cant sleep on the couch.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

Do you have a guest bedroom? I would tell him I don't care if he goes to bed late, but could he crash in the guest room until I get over the flu so I can rest.

Or maybe when he stays up late, period could he crash in the guest room?

My husband always goes to bed super late. I don't know how he does it and gets up for work.
Some nights he snores like crazy too. I have tried talking to him about it but its just how he is. He hasn't woken me up in awhile though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN