Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If You Have A Kroger, Go There For Toys!!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM
  • 9 Replies

I almost could not believe my eyes yesterday when I went to Kroger.

They had 3 carts full of toys they were putting on clearance. Nothing wrong with the toys, they just want to make room for new toys.

I got my son a Hot Wheel truck that is normally 10 dollars for $1.75!

They had tons of other stuff on super clearance..A woman I was chatting with while looking at the toys had found a Monster High doll and she said she paid $25 for that doll at xmas time. It was on clearance for $4!

A lot of the prices were so low it was hard to believe lol. It was like 75% off the original price.

They are only going to put more out, at least here. I noticed some toys still on the shelf that were on super clearance too.

I imagine this is a company wide thing so they can make room for summer toys so it should be everywhere :)

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
hellomilla
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM
My dad works at a Kroger in my area and he bought my daughter a Dora jeep for $12. It was originally close to $80. It is crazy how much they mark stuff down!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM
Damn. We don't have Krogers around here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I saw that same Dora Jeep lol. Kroger usually does the clearance toys a couple times a year but IMO the mark down prices really aren't that great. So to see it be different this year is almost unbelievable lol.

Edit: What the hell happened to my font color? lol!

Quoting hellomilla:

My dad works at a Kroger in my area and he bought my daughter a Dora jeep for $12. It was originally close to $80. It is crazy how much they mark stuff down!

camsmami
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Wow. I will have to check that out. But it will have to wait till Wednesday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywifey26
by Krissy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
We used to live by a Kroger but not anymore :(
keisha613
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:00 AM
At my local kroger, before Christmas, Hungry Hungry Hippos was $20. The day after Christmas, $10. I bought it then thinking I got a deal. The week of New Year, it was in the clerance section for $4.17.
hellomilla
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what is going on with them this year but I'm not complaining. Haha Usually they clearance out holiday decor this cheap but not toys. Toys usually only go 50% off, this year some things have been 90%

Quoting carterscutie85:

I saw that same Dora Jeep lol. Kroger usually does the clearance toys a couple times a year but IMO the mark down prices really aren't that great. So to see it be different this year is almost unbelievable lol.

Edit: What the hell happened to my font color? lol!

Quoting hellomilla:

SuperJo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
The Kroger stores around here don't sell toys. :L
carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM

bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)