Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thank you for making me believe

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
That the only way you get a good tax refund is if you are poor with a million kids and single living on welfare. Lol

I really thought for sure we'd be close to paying in this year because of all the income tax posts. What a great year all around!
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mariesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM

wrong i am poor married and have 1 kid

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:03 AM

LOL IKR? We didn't qualify for EIC but are still getting close to $7k due to numerous deductions... student loan interest, mortgage interest, tithe, 3 kids, married filing jointly (I'm a SAHM). When it all boils down, DH paid almost $7k in federal taxes through the year and we are getting back $5.5 of that... the rest is state.

VannaMae307
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:05 AM

We got $12. I'm kinda bummed that we didn't have enough stuff to write off and get some back but at least what we had made us not owe. We are starting our planning now though for next year...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:06 AM
I'm jealous we got married last year only have 2 kids we didn't qualify for the eic and are getting a shitty refund.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
I never knew about the tax stuff until coming on here. I didn't know it was a bad thing to get money back. I kind of like getting money. Don't ruin it for me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh no all poor people married or not get tons of free money. The government robs Peter to pay Paul. When Paul doesn't deserve it anymore than Peter does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:08 AM
Start donating and finding things for tax write offs.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm jealous we got married last year only have 2 kids we didn't qualify for the eic and are getting a shitty refund.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:10 AM
We made $147,964.05 to be exact and we got back $9105 federal but had to pay in $300 to Ohio and $890 to Oklahoma.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Right I know that happens but my point being were not poor but we're getting a nice amount back this year. So the poor isnt the only ones.

Quoting wkukid:

Oh no all poor people married or not get tons of free money. The government robs Peter to pay Paul. When Paul doesn't deserve it anymore than Peter does.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Yeah that's about like us.

Dh made like 76k and claimed 4 we have 2 kids, we had daycare costs, education credit, our mortgage didn't apply this year since we just bought it, we're getting 6500 between the two. We were so shocked.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL IKR? We didn't qualify for EIC but are still getting close to $7k due to numerous deductions... student loan interest, mortgage interest, tithe, 3 kids, married filing jointly (I'm a SAHM). When it all boils down, DH paid almost $7k in federal taxes through the year and we are getting back $5.5 of that... the rest is state.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)