Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (101-110):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
No. No. No. No. And no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momof2grls629
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:58 AM
2 moms liked this
"Pro life crap"? "Not a baby yet"? Are you fucking kidding me?!? It has a heartbeat it's a baby! I am not in favor of teens having children but I am definitely against abortion. What about adoption? An open one where she can get updates and stuff. You must be a liberal idiot if you think you can "force" anyone to do anything they don't want to do. Like other mom's have said, you sre not even her bio parent. Back the hell off.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

Dee0886
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM
So just bc she didn't want to take care of ur kid she won't take care of her own? Tell her she will get a job, and have every responsibility as every other mother but don't go out of ur way to make things difficult. Hell I'm 27 and married with 2 kids and one on the way and I still ask my mom for a little help here and there. And no you have zero legal right to force her to get an abortion and if you did and she regretted it, I promise she will hate you for the rest of her life.
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM
That's incredibly stupid and heartless.

Quoting Anonymous:

If she lives with you then kick her out and be done with her.

MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:02 AM
Says you

Quoting bluerose26:

Don't force her. She made her bed now she can lie in it. Make her grow up faster. How do you she won't be a great mom? Maybe becoming a mom will change her.

Adoption is 10x better then abortion :/

Anonymous
by Anonymous 25 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
No you can't!!
New.OrleansLady
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
It's different when it's her child vs a step brother.
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Baby would qualify for WIC even if she lived with you, so she could get formula. But maybe the dr's or nurses will speak with her and it could change her mind on bf
goodmama85
by Diamond Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Same here smdh.

Quoting Anonymous:

omg and im walking out. got nothing on this. sorry.
MyGirlsAbbyLiz
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:05 AM
How about not being so negative? She's not even your kid. Try and focus on supporting her and trying to help teach her how to be a mother.

Quoting Anonymous:

good for you. But i doubt she will change

Quoting Anonymous:

I was the same as her, and I did all those things. My mom thought the same thing of me. I loved getting up with him at nite, I learned to change diapers, I learned to be a mom. And it changed me for the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)