Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (161-170):
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Give her all her options..keeping it,adoption, abortion..If she really wants this baby why would you ask her to "get rid of it". This is her life and her body.

chanizen
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:59 AM
No you can't force anyone to have an abortion.

That's kinda fucking cold.

You don't have to support her child and she isn't even your child. Set your limits for what you personally will help out with then....Butt out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 37 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM
2 moms liked this
I just went through all of your replies and you keep putting her down. You DON'T know what type of mother she may end up being. People told me I was to selfish and spoiled to have a child let alone the two I have now. With they being said you may end up envying her like my mother does me. My mama says I do the things with my kids she didn't do with us.
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM
It's not up to you. She will either grow up fast when she becomes a mother or not. Just don't give her any extra help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM

forceing her is just wrong on so may levels and NO you can't force her

clearlyme
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Wow. Maybe explain adoption, but to try and change her beliefs and I wont even get started on how I feel about what you think. Just make sure she realizes she is 100% responsible for this child. You are something else!

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

Rach91o
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
if she wants to keep the baby then its her choice afterall its her baby so why would you think you can just force her to get rid of the baby.. How would you feel if your step mum tried to force you to abort.. Its her choice whether you like it or not and if the babys father turns out to be a bad father then its her choice to do something about it no one elses and even if hes a bad partner that does not mean hell be a bad father..
Anonymous
by Anonymous 38 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this
My soon to be mother in law told is to abort our twins. Multiple times...then she was *magically * crying when they were born cause she was happy. Don't start your relationship with this child badly cause my mil isn't allowed around with my kids without me around and my df enforses it. You want to kill a child...then claim your live for it?? Umm no f that.
Cheribomb
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Just stay the fuck out of it. I'm sure my family was "thrilled" when I got pregnant 2 months after meeting some dude in a bar. We were 21yrs old, neither had jobs, I was failing out of college because I partied all night & slept all day. He didn't even graduate high school. He was lazy, lived in a room in his parents house, they locked a door so he could even enter the main house. We were losers. Funny as soon as I got pregnant, we both grew up. Here we are 16yrs later... Married, 2 awesome girls, he makes plenty of money so I can be a sahm. You just need to butt the fuck out!
babie113
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
No and I agree you shouldn't. Sure she's immature she sounds like she's living in fantasy land but maybe a baby will help her grow up. Either way its her life to do as she pleases. She will learn from her mistakes and you have to let her make them.

This might turnout well. If not she will learn from it eventually
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN