Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 592 Replies

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
40 moms liked this

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
27 moms liked this

No you can not force someone into an abortion. Thank God.  I understand your fears, but forcing is wrong. Sometimes know it all teens have to learn the hard way. Good Luck.

CheesyKitty
by Cm Addict on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this
no.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Wow hopefully this is a troll!
JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM
32 moms liked this
Dude, you aren't even one of her bio parents. If THEY can't forcevher to terminate, wtf makes you think you would be able to?
momofqtees
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

Doubt it.  Tell her she has to move out.  I know you don't want to but it will be the only way to get her to grow up. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
8 moms liked this

Of course you can't force her to have an abortion. WTF is wrong with you? This isn't even you biological child. 

EvilAsh
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
5 moms liked this

Don't force her. It's not your choice to make. If she wants to keep her baby, she should be able to. It's never the best option in a case like this! She can always adopt the baby out to someone who can and will love him or her and give the baby a good home.

What a ridiculous question.

Eagle293
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
1 mom liked this
No and you shouldn't
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured