Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:33 AM
3 moms liked this

NO you can't force and it's not your decision, not your baby. Thank God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Well her dad agrees with me that she should have an abortion or give it up for adoption.

Quoting JenB1983:

Dude, you aren't even one of her bio parents. If THEY can't forcevher to terminate, wtf makes you think you would be able to?

Aamy
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

You dont. You have no right to tell her that. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this

where is her mother in all this?

rockin2_manyMOM
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Omg. Really? Forcing her into an abortion? What is this, 1950?
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Crap? If she decides later on she doesn't want to keep the baby, adoption is the best answer. Not killing her unborn. How do you know she didn't use a condom and it failed? It happens. My 2nd daughter is a bc baby. I was taking the pill after our first was born and clearly, it didn't work. I was pregnant when my first daughter was 6 months old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
No you can't force her to have an abortion, but you could push her down the stairs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

It will be once its born. I know she wont be the one taking care of it might as well be mine.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

NO you can't force and it's not your decision, not your baby. Thank God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Get her on the path to getting a job, her own apartment, and information for pa so she can be on her own and care for the child herself. If she sees you won't be taking the responsibility for her then maybe she will wake up. You should not ask her to get an abortion or she will hold it against you. Show her her options at the same time as giving her the plan for her to do it alone. Don't forget to offer adoption as a choice too. Make sure she knows you will support her and help her out when you can but the child is her choice and she is choosing to be an adult. Being an adult is not fun lol
catrig
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
3 moms liked this

In all fairness aren't you doing the same thing?

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured