Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
ilovemykids323
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM

No thank goodness... Explain to her her options without forcing any of thme on her

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Smart girl. At the same time not so smart considering she did get pregnant.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Does she live with you full time? If not, it's not your problem. Let her mom deal with the baby. And have dh take his ex to court and have her emancipated.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SRUsarahSC
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No it won't. She doesn't have to live with you.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It will be once its born. I know she wont be the one taking care of it might as well be mine.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

NO you can't force and it's not your decision, not your baby. Thank God.

lucaslexie
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this
You are wrong for advising this! Shane on you, it's her baby!
Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No, you can't legally force the child to have an abortion. It's HER legal right to choose whatever SHE feels is best for her.

You can counsel (not threaten) and advise her, but in the end, it's her decision.

sorcha1945
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

No you can't and you should not.  You can however give her options, and explain exactly what the rules will be if she does keep the child and stays home.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
2 moms liked this

I am looking for advice not pro life BS

Quoting EvilAsh:

Crap? If she decides later on she doesn't want to keep the baby, adoption is the best answer. Not killing her unborn. How do you know she didn't use a condom and it failed? It happens. My 2nd daughter is a bc baby. I was taking the pill after our first was born and clearly, it didn't work. I was pregnant when my first daughter was 6 months old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

LaLa_Ivory
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
uhhhh... nooooooo. dont force her to do anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
9 moms liked this
So "her body, her choice" only applies if she wants an abortion? Good to know.

The answer, or course, is that you can't and shouldn't force her.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)