Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
panther79
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
1 mom liked this
Nope and you shouldn't try to. Being pro choice is exactly that a right to choose and she is.choosing to not have an abortion.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by peachy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:37 AM
4 moms liked this
no. No. No

I was in a similar situation and am so blessed that I didn't have someone like you in my life. My dd is the biggest and best part of my life, other than my husband. She is so special so amazing.

I had her young in hs, and guess what her dad left when she was 6 months. And last yr my husband and I finally took him to court and terminated his rights.

That being said I did wake up. I worked two jobs. I loved that child and raised her into an amazing 8yr old little girl. Every time I come home to a hug the joy I feel is unexplainable. When my phone rings after a bad day and I hear her voice say how was your day mommy my worries fade!

Did I think I'd have an 8 yr old at 26 , no. But I do and God gave her to me as he gave that child to tour sd. Let Gods will be. Please.

As for the diapers and such, force her. Give her no choice.
southern.momof2
by Pirate on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
It's not your choice to make. The only think you can do is let her know all of her options and then support her in whatever choice she makes.
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
Maybe I am old school but my parents would make you keep the baby as punishment. You can't force an abortion on someone. So let her see what having a baby is all about and if she is anything like you said she would be begging not to have a baby again.
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Don't force her. She wants to ruin her life, let her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Well we will see. But i know she wont be waking up with it. She thinks breastfeeding is gross, SO we will be supplying formula, toys, clothing. And i know i will be watching the baby all day while shes re doing her senior year.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

No it won't. She doesn't have to live with you.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It will be once its born. I know she wont be the one taking care of it might as well be mine.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

NO you can't force and it's not your decision, not your baby. Thank God.

Lizardannie1966
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Would you still be gung-ho about trying to legally force her to have an abortion if there wasn't a chance you'd somehow be obligated and responsible for the baby?

Quoting Anonymous:

It will be once its born. I know she wont be the one taking care of it might as well be mine.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

NO you can't force and it's not your decision, not your baby. Thank God.

lizzymom80
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM
No way to force her to abort the baby. What I would do is tough love. If she wants the baby, then she takes care of the baby with minimal help. I wouldn't kick her out because at the very least, you could be there to stop the worst from happening when she hits rock bottom. But I would make her get a part time job and provide for the baby, she has to get up in the night with HER child, she has to figure out childcare for HER child, and she also has to keep her grades up and graduate.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this
You are not really her mother.Leave it to her PARENTS to talk to her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:39 AM
2 moms liked this

No you can't force her to do anything. Do NOT push her down a flight of stairs either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)