Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
I was the same as her, and I did all those things. My mom thought the same thing of me. I loved getting up with him at nite, I learned to change diapers, I learned to be a mom. And it changed me for the better.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Wow, i feel so bad for your SD! You need to educate her and then support her decision. No, you should not enable her but you can not make her life choices for her. I truly hope her BM and her father will actually be good parents and help her properly.

Alejandra10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
No its her choice and if she keeps baby she will not be asmed to change diapers or wake up in the middle of the night she has to do it bcause its her baby and she needs to be responsible.You need to be by her side not force her to do something she don't want. Tell her the options she have if she doesn't have a bm but honestly I think this is something either her mom or her dad should do not you. But its good if she knows her options of having baby abortion and adoption. The pros and cons of ALL of them. She should be the one choosing.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
EvilAsh
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM

I gave advice to not force her. It's not right no matter who you are. She got in the mess, it's her CHOICE to not have an abortion. Respect it. She might surprise you and step up. Lots of teens get pregnant, you think they all abort or all should? My best friend was 17 and had a baby and she's the best mother I've ever known. Stayed in school and went to college. It's not your choice, bottom line, you cannot force her.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am looking for advice not pro life BS

Quoting EvilAsh:

Crap? If she decides later on she doesn't want to keep the baby, adoption is the best answer. Not killing her unborn. How do you know she didn't use a condom and it failed? It happens. My 2nd daughter is a bc baby. I was taking the pill after our first was born and clearly, it didn't work. I was pregnant when my first daughter was 6 months old.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM

yeah that would work except I am almost 99% positive this will end up being my problem to deal with.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Maybe I am old school but my parents would make you keep the baby as punishment. You can't force an abortion on someone. So let her see what having a baby is all about and if she is anything like you said she would be begging not to have a baby again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

So don't wake up with the baby, and don't supply it's stuff. No one is forcing YOU to take care of this baby. If she wants to keep it, then let her know that SHE will be caring for it... not you. Let her know that she made this choice for her and her child, not for you . Show her how to be a good mother and let her do it by herself. She will grow up really freaking quick!!! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we will see. But i know she wont be waking up with it. She thinks breastfeeding is gross, SO we will be supplying formula, toys, clothing. And i know i will be watching the baby all day while shes re doing her senior year.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

No it won't. She doesn't have to live with you.  

Quoting Anonymous:

It will be once its born. I know she wont be the one taking care of it might as well be mine.

Quoting SRUsarahSC:

NO you can't force and it's not your decision, not your baby. Thank God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
It's her choice not yours. All you can do is present her with options and support her choice.

If she wants to keep the baby then remind her it will be her responsibility. She'll have to deal with the unpleasant side effects of pregnancy, all the poop, pee, and spit up, the sleepless nights, and for the next 18 years she'll be second to her child.

I had a baby at 17 but I was fully aware of what my life would be like. From day 1 even with my son in the NICU he was the most important thing. Once he was home I did everything unless his dad or my mom offered help(and even then usually I politely declined and did it myself.) I had 2 more before 21. I take care of my kids the best I can and their dad is by my side.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 17 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
If she lives with you then kick her out and be done with her.
Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:44 AM
No. This isn't your kid anyways so don't take it upon yourself. Boo hoo less money for you now. Do you have any kids of your own?
LilliesValley
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
No way you can force her. I wouldn't be paying or helpings with her child at all. All you can do is reminded her about her hating diapers, crying, etc. Can you get one of those simulation dolls so that she gets some first hand experience? What does your husband think? Her mom? Are they helping or supporting her to have the baby? If so you're probably sol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)