Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (571-580):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 118 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM

WTF? Why abortion? and...this is her baby. She is 17. When she is 18 its all on her if she wants to care for this child. Also there is adoption.  Kick her butt to the curb if she wont take care of that baby

LADYxGHOST
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I do hope she has someone else in her life besides you.  You can lay out the concequneces of her choices. But did you for once think about the concequences of an abortion? I have never meet a woman you didn't reqret and morn their dead child. It is a painful burden you want to FORCE onto a young woman in the name of what is best for her. You are thinking about yourself, not her.  if you really want to help her, be there for her. At this point there is no choice that will not have some negative impact on HER life. Find a clinic where you live that deals with tean moms and there options. There is one near me that helps with prenatal and after care if they keep the child, adoption referrals and abortions and support groups for all 3 options.   If you give her all the options, and she makes her choice, let either step up and be there for her or walk away, that is your choice. But to FORCE her? Not your place at all, but I can understand where you are coming from, but you really need to understand this isn't your choice to make.  The choice and all its concequences is hers and hers alone. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 119 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Of course she complained when your son was born...it wasn't her child. Babies change everything. She is not your daughter and you have no say over what she does with her body. I honestly can't believe ANYONE would want their child (natural or step) to go through an abortion...you, lady, are sick in the head.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 119 on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM

That's what I was wondering. I'm pagan and I say "Thank God" all the time when I'm being sarcastic. Didn't know that made me close friends with something I don't even believe in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are you drunk? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Nothing you wrote defends the part of where you use a baby as punisment and a "learning tool".....I also never said she should be forced nor did I say people are able to be forced....read my post again, just slower this time so maybe it will sink in. I also see you thanked god in your first post....is that a close friend of yours...... 0-o .....sorry I assumed by doing so you were religiuos.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not pro life, or religious first of all... And You can not FORCE someone to into an abortion. Second, no one is forcing her step mother to raise the baby either if she can't step up to the plate. She can call social services and figure it out.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah "learn the hard way" by having a baby she won't take care of and the step mom will raise.....damn that'll teach her!!!! Love how pro lifers throw up babies as gifts from god (cue harp music) but they're the same people who use said gift from god as punishment. Wake the fuck up...seriously.

Quoting Anonymous:

No you can not force someone into an abortion. Thank God.  I understand your fears, but forcing is wrong. Sometimes know it all teens have to learn the hard way. Good Luck.

Brn2BAMom
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I said at that point she can make the right decision to play the baby for adoption because she has done what she wanted IE parent the baby as she wants to. I don't think, the operative word being "i" as in my own opinion, that she should be forced to have an abortion because her step mom wants her too and i also don't think she should be forced to give the baby up for adoption. If she wants to parent, then let her parents. Only if she fails at it should other plan be made, such as adoption, because at that point its the right decision to make. Just my thoughts.

Quoting redhead-bedhead:

Why is adoption "the right choice"?

Quoting Brn2BAMom:

As a woman actively seeking to adopt, I think you should let her have the baby and see what it's like. Let her see if the baby's dad is around let her see the crying and middle of the night stuff. Then if its too much as you say it will be because she's immature, at that time she can place the baby for adoption. I wouldn't glorify the pregnancy. No baby shower etc. just the basics to bring the baby home. If she cants provide those basics and its not all sunshine and roses, I am sure she will make the right decision to place the baby for adoption. I wouldn't advocate abortion in this case being she willingly had sex and got pregnant. Let her decide. It's her body md her baby.

katarina666
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

She is a better person than you.My mother tryed to force me to get an abortion and I told her if thats the way you feel you will never see me or your grand child.Your being selfish! I can see if she wants to adopt it out but abortion NO!

BannerElkHogans
by Bronze Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:35 AM
An Yes From the Time the Sperm meet's the Egg an it's forming all the cells - it's a person...........Bible say's (I knit you together in your mother's womb ) so that mean that is a person in their!!!!!! so just wow...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ac10
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:39 AM

And THIS proves you're a troll. Judging by the replies, a successful one.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have shes 100% convinced she is keeping it. She said she doesnt believe in murdering an innocent child. I told her its not a child yet but she wont listen and is shoving all this pro life crap in my face. I feel bad for her but she should have used protection and birth control!

Quoting catrig:

No, and you shouldn't.  What you should do is give her all her options in a non judgemental way.  Hope for the best.

heartagram_girl
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:42 AM
1 mom liked this

She is 17, old enough to make her own decisions. Abortion is murder, no matter the reason, All you are telling her is that there are easy ways out of responsibilities. Tell her to put her big girl panties on and take care of her child. In the long run, this child may be what makes her grow up. Why do you want to interfere? If anything, adoption should be her best option.

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 120 on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:48 AM
Sickening. How about you try supporting her in this rough time instead of forcing murder on her
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN