Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (581-590):
1RedHottMama
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:56 AM

No,you can't force her to,it's her body. My DD is 20 and I always told her and my 17 year old son that you make a baby you take care of it and I don't babysit so keep that in mind if you are gonna have sex. My son doesn't have a girlfriend right now but when he does I buy him condoms and my daughter uses the contraception film and I buy it as well. In our house we don't want babies because teenagers do dumb stuff and don't think about the consequences. I was 22 when I got pregnant with my daughter and 26 when I got pregnant with my son. 

spiritedsoul
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:57 AM
She is 17 & old enough to make her own decision. Most states abortion isn't even legal so of course there is no law to force someone! Try either being suportive or staying out of her life before you ruin it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 7:59 AM

No, there is no legal way for you to do that to her... and for good fucking reason.

cupcake_mom
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:04 AM

you are wrong for trying to force her into something she doesnt want to do. she is almost an adult and if she adult enough to have sex with out being on BC then she is old enough to take care of a baby. all you can do is support her choices right now and respect what she thinks is best for HER and HER CHILD. not what you think is best or what you want her to do.

having a baby changes women, even teens, and for you to try and force her is wrong

MommyChance
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 8:06 AM
I knew a girl like that, her mom (my friend) had the same thoughts about her, except she was 16. The girl ended up graduating on time and has completely turned her life around. She is now a phlebotomist, and provides for and takes care of her child better than most.
This is not your decision. All you can do is discuss options with her, what you and your hubby are willing to do in any scenario.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM

this post is STILL going holy smokes. Well she had a miscarraige so we dpnt have to worry anymore.

Angela_Barlow
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 1:57 PM
You don't. Not your choice.
abz91
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM

No it not your baby, let her learn lesson she will know that she have to do it all by herself, 

LilyofPhilly
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I would just tell her that it will be her baby, and you are not taking care of it. She'll have to get a job and start looking for a place to live.

momto3B
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Give her a reality check and tell her that you and her father will not be supporting her.  Tell her she needs to start looking for a place to live, get a job and start thinking about a GED. Go with her to get public health care and then start looking at the places she can afford to live on minimum wage. Discuss all of the cost of childcare so she can work and all of the cost s incurred having a baby. Then, have a meeting with she and the baby daddy to discuss their options, finances etc. That conversation should send him running for the hills and scare the heck out of her. 

My babysitter, already a single mother, got pregnant her loser boyfriend who wanted her to keep the baby. We had a long heart to heart about the boyfriend, how he was unemployed, her parents would kick her out, she would end up on welfare with an infant and no money - all true.  

She had an abortion. A little while later met a GREAT guy. Is now happily married with a beautiful baby in addition to her older daughter. She made a mistake, but having the baby, whom the father would not have allowed to be put up or adoption, nor support, woul have ruined the baby's life, her daughter's life and her own. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured