Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do i get my SD to have an abortion?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

How would you go about telling your seventeen year old step daughter that abortion is the best option?

She found out she was pregnant and wants to keep the baby because shes SO sure that mr. perfect *babys daddy* are going to stay together forever. They have only been seeing eachother for three months and he has already cheated on her a few times.
She is a senior in high school but will probably have to take the year over again because shes pretty much failing every class as is. Her argument- She will try harder now that she has someone else to think about.
She is immature and i know she wont wake  up in the middle of the night with a newborn. She refuses to change diapers of any sort and when my son was an infant she complained about his constant crying ALL the time. I know she is not ready for a child.

Is there any way i can legally force her to?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:28 AM
Replies (61-70):
bluerose26
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Don't force her. She made her bed now she can lie in it. Make her grow up faster. How do you she won't be a great mom? Maybe becoming a mom will change her.

Adoption is 10x better then abortion :/
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
brebugmom91
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
Its none of your business what she does with her uterus.

Besides that why should SHE change YOUR child's diaper?
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

If you are that worried about having the responsibility fall on your shoulders, make sure her dad agrees and tell her that the second she turns 18 she has to move out...even if she has to still go to high school. Maybe just offer to watch the baby during school hours. But really, though, you can't look at a person's actions and think that they will not change at all when they have a baby. I've seen plenty of selfish and lazy people become great parents...give the kid a chance because it sounds like that baby is coming whether you like it or not.

Blue_Spiral
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

It's her choice to make but being all pro-life about it is just so wrong.

She shouldn't make that choice because idiots are making her feel guilty for being responsible with her life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I got pregnant on my 18th birthday with a guy I dated for a month.... Found out I was pregnant the same day he found out he was being sentenced to 6 moths house arrest for a B&E.... Really winner right? Well his parents tried to make me get an abortion. I didn't.
We both grew up we are married have a second(planned) child. He is a mortgage loan officer(and hasnt been in trouble since)and I'm a photographer. We both finished high school and went to college at opposite times.

It sounds like the worst thing for her but it doesn't have to be. It worked out for us and I couldn't picture my life with out that little boy
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:45 AM

good for you. But i doubt she will change

Quoting Anonymous:

I was the same as her, and I did all those things. My mom thought the same thing of me. I loved getting up with him at nite, I learned to change diapers, I learned to be a mom. And it changed me for the better.

LadyFreeRider
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
What state do you live in? In some states (like mine, Texas) at 17 she is legally an adult and can choose for herself. In others, the Bio parents may have the final say. In any event, you, being a step parent, cannot force her to do anything. Also, you shouldn't try. I am not pro-life but if she is, as you claim, then you need to respect that. There is always the option of adoption after the baby is born if she cannot handle being a mother right now. Hugs and good luck to both of you.
Ameretto13
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
2 moms liked this

Mama, I'm sorry but no. Especially if your sd is convinced she wants to keep it. Some, not all, new mothers do a hell of a lot of growing up when the baby is born. Some new mothers never grow up. Give her a chance... Forcing her to get an abortion, even with her dad and/or bio mom backing you up, is going to turn her against you and anyone else that backs you up. 

Support your sd and prepare her for what's coming. Let her know that, while she's at school you may* watch your grandchild, but once she gets home that is completely up to her and that you aren't going to take care of this baby for her all the time. She needs to get a job so that she can support the little one once she/he is born... Help her find and interview (PLEASE INTERVIEW THEM) daycares so that she gets a sense of how much its going to cost for her to put the baby there.

Take her to the store to start stock piling on all different sizes of diapers, baby wipes, and gender neutral baby gear and clothes. But make her get a job. As "grandmother" and "grandfather" you, your dh, and the bm are going to want to buy everything for her baby. Don't do it. Don't kick her out of the house, but do make her be self sufficient, self reliant, and a working member of society. Teach her over the next eight or nine months what she's going to have to do, going to have to give up, to be a good parent.  Do  not force her to do what you deem is best for her, because you may just be wrong and she will hate you and her biological parents for it. 

Good Luck Mama!

GhettoKoolAide
by Lighthouse Blues on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:46 AM
1 mom liked this
Two words: wire hanger.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:47 AM

What is the difference between her forcing all that pro-life BS down your throat and you trying to shove you rpo-choice down hers? I was 16 when I was pregnant and a classmate of mine had to be removed from the class because he felt I was making such a big mistake he would make suggestions on ways I could abort. It started to scare me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)