Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me keep clothes on my nudist toddler

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 14 Replies

ARRRRGH... Two days, even bribing her with "cinderella" dresses... This 2yo will NOT keep clothes or a diaper on. 

Seriously... not something I ever fought about with DS, becasue when we went through his clothes free phase, it was FREAKIN SUMMER!!! I didnt give a hoot if he wanted to run around naked, because it was hot and he is prone to overheating anyway.

It is february, 21f outside, our house is drafty, we keep the furnace at 50, and use the woodstove for primary heat. The rest of us are comfortable in long sleeves and pants.

She literally tore her pajama pants off this morning...  

Duct tape? Im about to try cutting off the feet of some footies and putting them on backwards... She's going to throw a fit, but Im cold just looking at her.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

its a phase the longer you fight with her the longer it will take to get over it lol.

both my girls have went threw it. Just turn up the heat and go with it . leave out a set of clothes let her know they are there an you guys can put the on when she decides she is cold. Just becuase she feels cold to you doesnt mean she feels cold to her self. MY girls always feel cold to me but usually they are complaining about being hot lol

onlytheres
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM
I wish I could help... but dd does the same thing. I haven't found anything that works... good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DeathGoddess
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM

With my sis when she was little, my mom would put her diaper and then overalls on backwards...overalls are hard enough to get off, but backwards...near impossible!

anyotherday
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

its a phase the longer you fight with her the longer it will take to get over it lol.

both my girls have went threw it. Just turn up the heat and go with it . leave out a set of clothes let her know they are there an you guys can put the on when she decides she is cold. Just becuase she feels cold to you doesnt mean she feels cold to her self. MY girls always feel cold to me but usually they are complaining about being hot lol

ugh, you are right... I just cant shake the "Im your mother, I know when you are cold" stereotype. LOL! I keep asking myself if I would have acted this way if DS had pulled this this time of year... probably not, I baby DD way too much. 

She is such a stubborn girl, I know you are right, if I push this, she will push back. 

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:29 AM

same here!

Quoting onlytheres:

I wish I could help... but dd does the same thing. I haven't found anything that works... good luck

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Let her run free. She will let you know when she is cold.

AidansMomMom
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:32 AM

This sounds like a good idea lol

Quoting DeathGoddess:

With my sis when she was little, my mom would put her diaper and then overalls on backwards...overalls are hard enough to get off, but backwards...near impossible!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Kids do not feel it the way we do. She will be fine. 

anyotherday
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I thought about letting this be a potty training experience... but half my potty chair is at my MIL's house (it's a three in one, and we took the potty seat part of it to use on her toilet when DS was still using it, all we have is the base/stool part)

Ugh.. I know I should trust my child to know when she is cold... I need to let go a little... LOL, it was easier with DS... 

Quoting mysticalmalissa:

Let her run free. She will let you know when she is cold.

MrsRinehart2010
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting anyotherday:

Quoting MrsRinehart2010:

ugh, you are right... I just cant shake the "Im your mother, I know when you are cold" stereotype. LOL! I keep asking myself if I would have acted this way if DS had pulled this this time of year... probably not, I baby DD way too much. 

She is such a stubborn girl, I know you are right, if I push this, she will push back. 

lol yeah ive got 2 little girls and Ive learn pretty quickly any thing a boy can do my girls can and will do lol.

I eventually got to the oint if you are cold you will either A) get dressed B) get in a  blanket or you will just freeze lol. I mean it happens all kids go threw the Im gonna run around naked hase (or atleast almost all lol).  My oldest went threw it for off and on for 2 years lol. MY yongest only does it in the summer . But yeah just like any child if you push they are going to push back , an something as simple as keeping clothes on is on of the trival things to fight about. As long as she doesnt strip naked in public your good lol. MY cusins little boy was never allowed to run around naked or in undies and he would strip naked every chance he got in public lol. Now my glrs they never even took a shoe off in public lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)