Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Is it possible to cover gray roots but keep old highlights?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 1 Replies
I am not even 30 yet but have some gray at the temples and hairline that I need to cover. All over color just doesn't flatter me at all it looks too dull. I look best with a few partial highlights but I don't want to redo highlights every 4 weeks, because it would fry my hair. I get the highlights done at the salon and I have been going to Sally's and coloring it own my own in between. I can't figure out which color I should use when I touch up my roots. Should I go with my natural color (dirty blone) or try to match the highlights? Last week I got a very light blonde color that matched my highlights but it looked kinda fake at the roots, I only did the roots to avoid damage and loosing my highlights
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TexanMomOf6
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:39 AM

My hair is naturally dark brown, black underneath with tons of grey all over. I was using over the counter dyes. The color looked flat. yuck. I researched Henna on-line. Found a site that had a lot of pictures. I use it once a month. It covers the grey, and the colors have depth and highlights.  It makes my hair softer too. It won't cause damage even if you use it frequently.  It only costs me about $8 an application. It is messy to do, but it is so worth it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)