Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

LEEP question.. Please help!! :( maybe TMI

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I had a LEEP done in very early December. My OB gave DH and I the go ahead to start TTC at the end of last month. She said my cervix looked great like nothing had been done to it!! So even after surgery I still had the egg white CM during my ovulation and no issues with secretions. But this month I am currently ovulating and I am practically dry!!! What is there is watery. When DH and I get busy I am able to "get wet" no issues but its still very watery CM and not egg white like it should be during ovulation. Could this be from the "small" risk of having a LEEP where it causes you to have no cervical mucus?? If so then why did I have it this month but not last?? Will I not be able to conceive?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Why did you need the leep done? That's for hpv I thought...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
Use a special lube called pre seed , you can order it online. I didn't have perfect cm when we conceived either but it is still possible.
audreesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I'm not familiar with LEEP but I'll bump for you. The ttc group might be more help!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Nathans_mom0612
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Are you sure you're ovulating?
Jammie209
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I had 2 DDs after my LEEP. My one, I either conceived the night before or a few weeks later. I think u'll be fine. Good luck!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Why did you need the leep done? That's for hpv I thought...

I had severe dysplasia and yes HPV causes severe dysplasia which was one step away from cervical cancer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting Nathans_mom0612:

Are you sure you're ovulating?

Yep!! Definitely, I do fertility charting. I also took an ovulation test and it was very negative. I'm mid cycle so its perfect timing and its the day before my projected O date. Also my cervix position is high and its soft and open. All ovulation signs.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting Jammie209:

I had 2 DDs after my LEEP. My one, I either conceived the night before or a few weeks later. I think u'll be fine. Good luck!

Thank you!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:58 AM
I agree with the other poster about preseed. I've never had sufficient cervical mucus and I had 2 kids after a LEEP. The cervix grows back completely and is no different than a cervix that never had a LEEP. Good luck on TTC!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I didn't have leep but I did have the cone biopsy done. I was told it would make me have a difficult time getting and staying pregnant. ThAt was two years ago. Our dd is now 3 months old.
Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)