Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This week's menu

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

Bash away but for 125 this week, I did a good job.  DH buys his lunch everyday and I home school, so the kids eat everything at home

Monday

B french toast, bacon, pineapple and oranges, milk or coffee

L chicken salad sandwiches or on lettuce, bananas, pudding cups, wheat crackers, water, milk, or juice

snacks peanut butter crackers, popcorn, or carrots with ranch

D Italian braised beef roast, mashed potatoes, roasted green beans, fruit salad, angel food cake, water or tea

Tuesday

B spinach and bacon frittata, oranges, toast, milk or coffee

L tomato soup, grilled cheese, grapes, carrots with hummus, milk, water, or juice

snacks yogurt, popcorn, bagel bites

D pancakes, ham steak, bananas, apple slices, milk or water (it's Mardi Gras!)

Wednesday

B leftover pancakes or cereal with milk, scrambled eggs, frozen berries with yogurt, milk or coffee

L trip to the museum, so a picnic of crackers, cheese, apples, bananas, carrots, peanut butter celery and they will get to buy a lemonade or a soda

snacks same as the picnic lunch or yogurt

D spaghetti and meat sauce made with the leftover braised beef, roasted broccoli with nuts, spinach salad, garlic bread, water or milk

Thursday

B scrambled eggs, toast points, yogurt, milk or coffee

L veggie stir fry (rice, shredded cabbage, carrots, celery, spinach, garlic, egg), oranges, water, milk or juice

snacks cheese toast, bananas, pudding cup

D black bean tacos, grilled corn on the cob, avocado and tomato salsa, tortilla chips, water or milk

Friday (meatless day)

B grilled tomato and cheese sandwiches, berry-banana smoothie, juice or coffee

L black beans and cornbread, cheddar cheese cubes, yogurt with granola or chocolate chips

snacks peanut butter toast, cereal with milk or yogurt, apples

D crab cakes, spinach salad, roasted green beans with tomatoes, new potatoes, angel food cake, water or milk

Saturday

B pigs in a blanket, scrambled eggs, pineapple and oranges, coffee or milk

L DH is home for this  Chef salad with rolls, baked apples, carrots with dip, water, milk, or juice

snacks celery with dip or cream cheese, bananas, popcorn

D JUNK FOOD NIGHT!  homemade pizza, chips, salad, cookies with ice cream, water, milk or lemonade

Sunday 

B biscuits and gravy, hashbrowns, sliced tomatoes, grapes, milk or coffee

L we go out

snacks leftover pizza, popcorn, yogurt

D roast chicken with potatoes, carrots, and onions, cole slaw, mashed cauliflower, lemon icebox pie, milk or water

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
phillymomxo
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Sounds yummy. Good planning!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MrsWhite101610
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM
How do you make your italian beef roast and roast chicken. If you don't mind sharing
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Jesus christ you eat a crap load of food
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Wow that's a lot of food...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:03 AM
That seems like a lot of food! And I'd love to know how you got all that for 125 bucks!
VannaMae307
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

For $125? Really? or was that $125 supplementing what you had already...??

audreesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
That is a ton of food!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM

For the chicken, I use a Jamie Oliver recipe

Preheat oven 400 F

1 parsnip

1 carrot
1 stalk celery
1 small onion

Chop roughly and put in roasting pan to act as a rack and a base for the gravy.

One 3-4 lb or so chicken. if they are larger than 4.5 pounds, get two smaller ones.

Loosen skin on breast and legs by just shoving them between skin and meat. Put a small glug of olive oil under skin on both breast sides.

mix 2 teaspoons of good salt ( I use a smoked salt) with fresh black pepper. Sprinkle under the skin on the breast.

Into chicken cavity 1 lemon sliced into halves, 2 smashed cloves of garlic, and some fresh rosemary

Truss it.  This will show you how http://www.ibiblio.org/expo/restaurant/techniques/truss.html

Rub olive oil or melted butter over chicken.  Put on veggies in pan.  Set chicken on veggies.  Sprinkle with rest of the salt.

Roast for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until 180 F from temp. taken in thigh. Remove from pan and let rest a few minutes.

Quoting MrsWhite101610:

How do you make your italian beef roast and roast chicken. If you don't mind sharing

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:05 AM

or we offer a a lot of food because I don't believing in forcing my children to eat foods they hate, so there is a variety offered.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Or u have a shit load if pa and dont know how to stay within your means. I bet u all r overweight. U eat wayyyyy toooo much

Quoting Anonymous:

or we offer a a lot of food because I don't believing in forcing my children to eat foods they hate, so there is a variety offered.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)