Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when to booster?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

My son is 14 months. Hes big for his age, 31 inches and 26 pounds. My aunt had a booster carseat. Like one that looked like a carseat but without the harness. Anyways she gave it to me and I was wondering when I could switch him to it. I figured itd be at about 2 years. I put him in it just to get a cute picture of him in it and he actually fit! What do ya'll think? I don't know the height and weight req. for it, so what do ya'll think?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM
2 moms liked this
A child should not ever be in a booster prior to the minimum if at least 4 years of age and at least 40 lbs. they also need to be mature enough to sit properly in it the entire time, can be trusted to not unbuckle it, not get out of proper position, etc ...

No 1 or 2 - or even 3 year old has any business in one. Many 4 year olds lack the maturity and size to even be one.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matofour
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
That's really not that big for his age. My eleven month old is that size, he's rear facing and will stay that way for the next few years even.
Never ever put an infant in a booster. So dangerous.
audreesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Dd was 4 1/2 and 48 lbs when I switched her. I would not have done it earlier.
MommyFlood
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Dd is currently 43in talk and just turned 4, she's still harnessed and will be until she outgrows her Frontier 85.

Your child is WAY too young
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

You are an idiot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Hes my first and the only people around me with kids have their two yr old in them (my aunt) and her 3 yr old in a seatbelt. and my sis has her four yr old in a seatbelt. he hasnt been in a booster for over a year. And I KNEW that was wrong. So i was wantin to find out for myself. I looked online but it said check your carseat. :/

Kris_PBG
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
At that size/age- he would be safest rfing. Boostering is not even close to a safe option.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
In most states that would be illegal
Tree-Tree
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Not for at least another three years. It is extremely dangerous not to mention illegal. He should still be rear facing

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM
What state are you in? We just moved to Colorado over the summer so I looked it up. This states laws say 5 point harness to 4 years. Our previous state was 3 years
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)