Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Have FS and an iPhone BIG ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 144 Replies
3 moms liked this
Yup...working to get off the FS and just bought my sister's iphone 3 when she upgraded. My phone was shot..and she was selling hers for 50 bucks. I had it unlocked for straight talk and my bill is 45/month for everything.
So no, I didn't spend a crazy amount on the phone. And a phone is a necessity since I have kids who go to school so if school needs me I can get the call. I use my phone to schedule the kids medical and dental appointments, and I even use it for work. I am a WIC BF peer counselor part time and women call me all hours if they need me

ETA: I work, so I pay taxes. I am in school as well and am paying early on my loans. My apartment building won't allow for landline phones because the wires were never installed originally since it is hud housing. I am moving out next week when taxes come because it is hard to save money here because as my income increases, so does my rent. Taxes are giving me the boost I need for the deposit and all that. Oh, and before you bash, I am only getting 2k back, and it is all going towards new place.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
uniquemomx2
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:08 AM
Same here. Go chicky. People are to judgmental.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
3 moms liked this
I know this is awful, but m dh joked that you can only apply for fs using an iPhone app.

....hilarious.
banana-bear
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this
Attention whoring is very unbecoming.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Me too. I got mine as a Christmas/ graduation gift though. DF and I sync our calendars for his VA appts, ds's doc appts, my grandmas for when one of us need to drive her and lots of other stuff.
ElitestJen
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:11 AM
3 moms liked this

It's a necessity?  How necessary would it be if you weren't depending on your neighbors to pay your food bill and you actually had to provide your own basic needs?

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I have a Galaxy S3 and on FS.

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:13 AM
I paid 75 bucks at walmart for my iphone 4. So yeah, the welfare folks can spring for one if they save their pennies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:14 AM
*giggle*

I was thinking the same thing. There are apps for everything under the sun it seems.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this is awful, but m dh joked that you can only apply for fs using an iPhone app.

....hilarious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KrissyV
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Some people just aren't going to care what your story is.  Don't worry about what others think and good luck to you!

truelyred2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a separate question...
how did you become a bfing peer counselorfor wic? I'd loveto do that
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured