Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Just need to vent

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I don't even know how to really start this, but I need to vent somewhere. I'm really not looking for a pity party. Just in a situation that I never dreamed we would be.

Df and I have been living in our apartment for a year and a half. For the first part of it I was working outside the house. Then I had a medical thing come up that made it difficult to even walk most days. I found a couple kids to babysit and started staying home. In July both families moved away (due to military) and I had a real hard time finding new kids to watch. We have only one car so I couldnt go to their house, and I have two boys in school that I need to go to the bus stop for.

We were doing ok on rent, not the greatest but making it meet somehow. August comes and suprise!! I'm pregnant. We stopped ttc in May, and yet here in August I get a positive test.

Then df took a new job that promised to pay him more than he was making already. Yea that was a lie. After that bills have become impossible to make meet. We again somehow managed with borrowing from friends but its just got harder and harder. I've been looking for new kids to watch constantly with no luck.

Here we are now 2 months behind rent and the apartment left us a notice saying we had 3 days to pay or vacate. Not court papers, or anything offical. Df doesnt get paid until Friday, and while I'm now applying to anything and EVERYTHING outside the home...who's going to hire a 31 week pregnant lady? As it is, when this baby gets here we have close to nothing. We have a pack and play for her, I'm breastfeeding, I have a manual pump, and some diapers. No carseat, no clothes.

A friend of ours said we could stay with him for a little bit, but its cramped on space and I'll have to pull my 4 yr old from school which he loves(since he's in a special pre-k program, basically pre-pre-k and only 2 schools have it) and switch my 6 yr old to another school...and we don't even know for how long since we just *may* be able to find somewhere else we could afford better back in this one district. My 6 yr old doesn't do well with changing schools as it is.

Both our parents said they can't help. In fact df's mother suggested I give my boys up to their father and we just pack up and move to where she is in another state far from where we are at now. Just tear this family apart. Df loves the boys as if they are his own. And I'm supposed to be civil to her when she comes for a visit in April to meet baby.

I hate that this is my fault, that I couldn't help make ends meet. And now until baby is born there is nothing I can do. We are already getting foodstamps, and without a "plan" on how we won't end up in this mess again (ie me having a job or df finding a second job that would work with his hours, which wont work) emergency help from social services is out of the question. As it is df has been taking shifts left and right trying to get more hours. He already works 12 hr shifts all night, and sleeps during the day.

We dont have anything fancy, don't smoke or drink, don't go out with friends anywhere. Just work and sleep. We didn't even pay for Christmas, it was supplied to us from friends for the kids. Df and I didn't get a thing, just time together which is all we wanted.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:34 AM

hugs momma.Has your so ever thought of joining the national guard ? They give housing allowance, he would only go 1 weekend a month. and the health insurance isn't as pricey as most . He also could do online college to better educate himself .

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Have you thought about possibly putting the baby up for adoption? I have been there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meowsrus
by MamaKitty on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Have you tried community action or salvation army for emergency housing? United way helps as well. Call first thing tomorrow
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:45 AM
When is your baby due?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:51 AM
Early april

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

When is your baby due?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:52 AM
He can't because of a past heart condition and right now health insurance for me and the kids is through the state not his work

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

hugs momma.Has your so ever thought of joining the national guard ? They give housing allowance, he would only go 1 weekend a month. and the health insurance isn't as pricey as most . He also could do online college to better educate himself .

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:54 AM
I'm sorry. There is no way baby is leaving us, just not an option for us.

Quoting silverdawn99:

Have you thought about possibly putting the baby up for adoption? I have been there!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Where do u live
LovelyMommy24
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Pm your address if you want, I can't promise anything but I may be able to find you a few things.

Quoting Anonymous:

Early april

Quoting LovelyMommy24:

When is your baby due?
truelyred2
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Well the 3 day notice to pay or leave is the precursor to the eviction process so you have time on that. Have you tried to talk to your landlord to see if you can work something out? Here in Michigan we have what is called SER through the state. It's basically an emergency service through dhs/pa that helps you when you are getting evicted or if your utilities are shut off. Maybe you have that?

I am finding places that have work from home. Try craigslist. Look up Webb-Key staffing on facebook or google it. There is a small cost involved but you work from home answering customer calls for various companies. It is legit. I am part way through their program. Try craiglist even in other states or areas for work from home not like selling avon or mary kay or candles but telemarketing or virtual customer service.

Now I am not ragging on you but stopping ttc should have included preventing it. I'm just saying that made your situation worse. But now you need to figure out how to get out of it.

Check with your fs worker for programs that can help you. With rent, relocation, low income housing, etc. Also sometimes pa offices have work study programs where you can get paid or they know of job listings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)