Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Get your baby out of here!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM
  • 224 Replies

Are you the type that takes your newborn out in to the world or do you stay home for a certain amount of time before introducing him to germs and whatever? 

We were given gift cards to Applebee's which is across the street from the hospital here. Baby is 5 days old. He is about to be sent home. He's totally healthy. We don't have Applebee's near our hometown. A free meal would be helpful right now.

would you take baby out so soon? Why or why not? It's been almost 6 years since I had a baby and I've found people freak out more about stuff as the years go by. When I had my oldest 10 years ago I took him everywhere right away.

anyway, what is your newborn policy?

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM
3 moms liked this
I would. He will probably sleep most of the time at this age anyways! You can always get Applebee's to go too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:25 AM
I never had a prob taking out my kids as babies we went to a restaurant after our 48 he check at the hospital with our daughter n when our son was 10 days we drove from ont to nh. I think you'll be ok n ppl like looki g at little babes :)
Katalystic
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
5 moms liked this

Go eat! Screw what others think. Don't let your waitress snuggle your baby or paw at him/her, but really- you know that. Use common sense and don't worry about everyone else. I bet they see more new parents then you'd expect!

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

I took my son shopping the day we brought him home from the hospital. He was 4 days old.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Not at 5 days old. He's barely just born. There are all kinds of flu strains going around. My doc said to wait a month. Spaghetti is cheap to make at home.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM
My mom and I went to Target after being discharged from the hospital almost 9 yrs ago.
My second went out the day after coming home.

I needed the time.out lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
momtolittleg
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Take him! It just gets harder the older they get! Enjoy the sleeping through meals while you can!
Behindthelense
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I did and had no issues. Enjoy yourself!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Applebee's? :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this

nope. in my culture, you remain home for 40 days after your child is born. other than the required pediatric visits...you stay home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)