Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Ways to celebrate...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
  • 11 Replies
A 5th wedding anniversary and a college graduation?

Our 5th wedding anniversary is May 14th. I'd like to do something more than the dinner, movie and cake that we have been doing. We would also like to include our kids, they are 2 and 5.

My college graduation is May 19th. We will definitely have a party with family and friends. Children will be there. My school colors are yellow and blue, we're a satellite school of LSU. My degree will be a bachelors in cellular and molecular biology with a minor in chemistry so, science nerd stuff is welcome!

I'm allergic to pork and beef and there will be no alcohol.

Share links to websites, pictures or your own ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:57 AM
I am going to rent the clubhouse in my neighborhood for the graduation party. We were going to provide dinner and dessert for our guests.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM
I think it's kind of weird to throw yourself a graduation party...especially when (I assume) you're married and have a family. When I think of a college graduation party, I think of your parents throwing it for you. And the grad being about 23...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:00 PM

fart on your partners face. that usually works for me.

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:03 PM
I am 23 and this is a joint effort between my DH, FIL, mom, dad, sister and best friend. They wanted to include me because I enjoy party planning. We are in the brainstorming phase so I just need ideas to throw out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think it's kind of weird to throw yourself a graduation party...especially when (I assume) you're married and have a family. When I think of a college graduation party, I think of your parents throwing it for you. And the grad being about 23...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM
DH and I both graduates at the same time and we threw ourselves a party. We didn't expect gifts but just because we were married and had children didn't mean it was any less of an accomplishment to celebrate! (I was 22 btw)

Quoting Anonymous:

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:04 PM
B-b-but, I do that every day :[

Quoting Anonymous:

fart on your partners face. that usually works for me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:05 PM
To me, a graduation party is a party celebrating the fact that you're done with schooling and are starting your life. Obviously, if you have a husband and children, you have already started your life...

Quoting Anonymous:

DH and I both graduates at the same time and we threw ourselves a party. We didn't expect gifts but just because we were married and had children didn't mean it was any less of an accomplishment to celebrate! (I was 22 btw)

Quoting Anonymous:

SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Yeah, I don't want any gifts. I just wanted to celebrate with my friends and family. I will also be revealing what graduate program I will be going to at the party. My last college graduation was on a weekday so no one was able to go because of school/work. My sister couldn't even go :/.

I was 6 months pregnant at my high school graduation so we went out to eat with family and I went home to sleep lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Oh I'm not done with schooling. Graduate school starts in July/August depending on which program I get in. I have an interview for a PhD program next week.

I want to celebrate the transition. I have spent 5 years working on this milestone. I am also the only college grad in my family so this is very important to them.

Quoting Anonymous:

To me, a graduation party is a party celebrating the fact that you're done with schooling and are starting your life. Obviously, if you have a husband and children, you have already started your life...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)