Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How does this sound?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
I'm sorry about all the posts guys.... I'm scared and alone and just trying to do everything but cry. I wrote this "agreement" out for my husband. He decided he doesn't want to try at our marriage anymore and he's leaving. He has done this before and I took him back so I'm scared to even tell anyone because I'm sure they don't want to hear it.

I have figured this all out and this is what is going to happen….very little is up for negotiation.

Kids- You will have the kids every other weekend from Friday night to Sunday morning. You will also be expected to have them on nights I have school or work.

Child Support- according to the MA child support Calculator you will be paying about $200/wk. We can keep this out of court UNTIL you don’t pay. So please put this into consideration when you look for a place because I will not accept you not paying this time.

Living Arrangements- I will continue to live here. I have a job interview tomorrow and between that and your child support I can afford to stay. I will not allow you to take Josh’s only TV or couch. If you must, you can have the bed. I will have Sarah get me a new one. The Play Station is yours but I need to know whether or not you’re going to take that away from Josh so I can get him his own.

Dogs- I am assuming you are going to stay somewhere like your dads or your moms until you find a place. I will keep the dogs until you do. When you do find a place, I expect you to take at least bruin if not both dogs.

You gave up on our marriage and I have cried for the last time. I will move on with my life but I expect you to continue to be a father to the kids. Emmie will never remember what it was like to have a real family but they both have a chance to have real parents. For the kids sake, I expect you to handle this like a man and not continue this petty fighting. You were strong enough to walk away be strong enough to stand up and handle these responsibilities you have now forces on yourself.
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Bump
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

Good Luck!!

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I think it sounds reasonable.

I'm sorry that you have to do this.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Sounds reasonable to me, but, if the kids are attached to the dogs I would keep them for their sake. Otherwise, I think it's fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Quoting DannieLou:

I think it sounds reasonable.

I'm sorry that you have to do this.

Bethbeth
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't like the term "about $200". A very specific amount should be agreed upon by you both.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM

they are attached to the dogs but "Bruin" is a handful for me and listens to my husband much better. He is better behaved then our other dog but doesnt listen to me at all if he is being bad. From the above agreement I know the kids will still get to see the dogs often. I dont mind keeping the other dog as long as the dogs are ok being apart from each other.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sounds reasonable to me, but, if the kids are attached to the dogs I would keep them for their sake. Otherwise, I think it's fine.

monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Health Insurance? Are you or your kids or both covered by him? My Ex dropped me without even telling me before our divorce was final, just out of spite. Cost him no more. Sorry..:(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM

good point

Quoting Bethbeth:

I don't like the term "about $200". A very specific amount should be agreed upon by you both.

aiyess
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Be more specific with the amount on child support. What he has to contribute for a clothes, shoes, school supplies, after school activities. Also put in health and dental insurance and co-pays for visits and prescriptions.

Eta: also put in writing who is responsible for picking up and dropping kids off for visitations. Holidays and special occasions should the other parent want the kids for those. Example: it's your birthday on a Saturday and it is his weekend.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN