Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take for you to obtain a Credit Card following bankruptcy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM

LOL

BluePandaDreams
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:26 PM
About a month after. Used it once, paid it off and closed the account.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Im only asking because I know my credit is going to suck big time but it can't be any worse than my credit is right now. Buying small things and paying them off will build back my credit.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

About a month after. Used it once, paid it off and closed the account.

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
I think you usually start getting offers right away
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TAG_ur_it
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM

you could probably get a secured card, but your deposit on it would likely be high. totally worth it though.  our credit went up 27 points over just a couple of months with that card alone.  be careful though. don't let the balance get too high and don't miss a payment.  makes a HUGE ding in your FICO. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I just have to be responsible and only get 1 or two credits and never ever make big purchases on them.

Quoting seraphimsong:

I think you usually start getting offers right away

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:29 PM

My mil was able to get hers right after..both times.yep, she applied for bankruptcy and got credit cards after and had to file again a couple years later.. She is on her way to the same point, for the 3rd time.

It's apparently easier to get credit cards this way, than it is if you have no or bad credit.

Christyabbey
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I had offers within the first week for credit cards, car loans, you name it...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM

thats actually pretty sad. It seems that they do it on purpose but it's up to us to have self-control. I didn't know how important it was to treasure and respect credit. I have definitely learned my lesson the hard way.

Quoting Anonymous:

My mil was able to get hers right after..both times.yep, she applied for bankruptcy and got credit cards after and had to file again a couple years later.. She is on her way to the same point, for the 3rd time.

It's apparently easier to get credit cards this way, than it is if you have no or bad credit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I had one within about 2 weeks. The interest sucks on it but it is helping me build my credit back up. It is the only thing I have debt on.  I am going to pay it off when I get my tax return. I have paid it off twice in 2 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)