Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He is being unreasonable.

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

Sooooo.... Due to many circumstances, we are without reliable plow service this year. We live about a tenth of a mile in, on a three tenths of a mile  PRIVATE road, as in we are NOT ELIGIBLE for town/state maintaintence.  Us, and another neighbor are at this end, and another neighbor is at the end of the road. 

This "who is paying for what amount of whatever plow service we get but we dont know from one storm to another who that is... " crap is getting old. We ALL need the road to get out, we ALL use the road... We SHOULD split the cost, however we feel that the stingy old bastards up at the end should pay more since they are the only ones using about two thirds of our road (although they want to go an even three way split). It is well over 100 dollars per storm for the entire road to be done. I am willing to toss in 20-30. Whatever. I use the road too. 

DH on the other hand is pissed and refuses to pay any, because "they didnt plow our driveway, I know they told the guy not to plow our driveway... *blah blah blah" SO FUCKING WHAT?! Oh, we had to shovel 15 feet to the plowed road... big fucking deal... better than the 500 some odd feet we'd have to do if we didnt have someone come and plow at all. AND they didnt even leave a drift or snowbank for us to dig through, I thought that was pretty considerate UGH... now the neighbors who arranged the plow service are blowing up our phone for pay, and Im just like "give them the money for fucks sake.." 

Next time I go to town Im definitely getting some money for them. I use the road too, I need to get out so I can go to work and feed my family... I'm paying... We'd have to pay MORE to have someone just come and do up to our driveway so I dont care what he thinks. 

GRRR... 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:36 PM

So your husband wants people to do his driveway/part of the road for free? What a jerk!

lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Your DH is being a total ASS. The cost should be split by the number of people who live on the street. It should be split evenly. No one made you buy the house you did. You knew it was  on a private road and knew you'd have to shovel or buy a plow or pay someone.

anyotherday
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:38 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

So your husband wants people to do his driveway/part of the road for free? What a jerk!

no kidding right!? Gah, I just wanna slap him right now... How rude of him... 

CrazyLife1996
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Definitely being an ass. It must be the cycle of the moon or something.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)