Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i wasn't exactly thinking about you when i decided what to name OUR son.

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
  • 58 Replies

my cousin who lives in bc msg'd me on fb this morning.

Hey Cor 
It is just common courtesy that we don't name our babies the same name as one of our cousin 
Then there would be 2 Preston in the family and it takes away from individualality. 
I am.respectfully please asking you to consider a different name out of respect for K.

uhhhh....excuse me?! 1) i haven't seen k since....i think i was a teen. she lives on the other side of the border for christs sakes! and i didn't even know her kids name was preston!!! (yes i know that looks bad but this is how very very little i talk to her!) 

the girl who wrote me is her sister.

i had no idea what to name the baby if it was a boy, i was sure i would have a girl. and then on the way to my last ultrasound i was at a stop light and it hit me "preston scott"

i was in no way shape or form thinking of her. as far as i am concerned, it has been his name since then and it was his name the moment he was even concieved. (long before it came to me)

obviously i am not impressed. 

D.O.E. ~ Canadian mother of 3 boys, and happily (usually) married. we are expecting another boy in april!

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:53 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Lol. Oh tell her to shove it. In a nice way.
Anonymous

you're a name thief.

DannieLou
by Mockingjay on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

*shrugs* Is it likely that all of you will be together at some point?

AutymsMommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

On your side here.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

Anonymous
It's not like the kids are first cousins or will see each other. Tell yer to suck it and use the name you want.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
2 moms liked this
Personally, I wouldn't use a name someone in the family has already used for their child. However, in your case, I say screw her. You're not even remotely close to her so why should you take her opinion into consideration?
-spork2.0-
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM
I love the name Preston.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmmaGlenn20
by Canadian Sweetheart on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Wow, it's funny that she cares about that so much. I could understand if maybe you guys were closer physically and emotionally but you're not. Go ahead and use it, it's not her business. She needs a day job lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh tell her to get over it. I just found out a distant cousin named their 5 yr old Camden. That's my 5 yr olds name. Considering we had seen each other since the 1981 huge family reunion, it was impossible to know. Now we just joke about it. People have way to much time on their hands to worry about a name.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured