Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is there a difference in your state between EBT cards and Child support cards?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 60 Replies

They look the same here... so when people are judging what people are paying with you probably should make sure you know more than what you can see. 

My mother raised 4 kids with no help from my father b/c he said she would NEVER make it without him. 

She did - but now he is still paying back child support for children that now are ages 41 - 31 and have their own kids. He owes her $50,000+ 

So when she gets the support she goes to Toys R Us, or shoe stores or whatever to buy things for the grandkids. She didn't get the money when she could have used it, doesn't NEED it now, so she does whatever with it. 

I wonder how much judgement she gets when she is in her nice clothes, with her hair always done, get in her new car and people have noticed what she is paying with? 

She never was on assistance (she has a Masters degree and great parents that helped b/c the could) 

So no one really KNOWS.

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Frosting
Kind of worried tonight. Our diabetic dog has decided to refuse her insulin shots. Not sure where the situation will go from here.... :-(
Yesterday at 10:32 PM
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Where I live an EBT is food stamps.  I've never even heard of a child support card.  I know some women who get child support, but I think it's just automatically added to their bank account.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
My two cards are different and the cs card says visa.
Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Idk because my child support gets direct deposited to my checking but it amazes me how many people care how other people pay. I never pay attn. none of my business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM

In NY they will issue you a mastercard from the state for CS payments

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

My two cards are different and the cs card says visa.

the cards are the same color and everythng... the only real diff is the Visa logo -  but on a fast glance I think they look the same. 

GrimmLotus
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this

EBT cards are blue and are for food stamps & TANF only.

Child support cards are the same card they use for unemployment benefits.

Gorilla_Mama
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
In my state if you don't have a bank acct or don't want your CS deposited there for whatever reason they issue you what acts like a debit card and your child support gets loaded directly to that.

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Where I live an EBT is food stamps.  I've never even heard of a child support card.  I know some women who get child support, but I think it's just automatically added to their bank account.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Quoting Pink.Frosting:

Here it is a card, because my mom is reluctant to give out her bank info if she can avoid it. (she is older and leary of a lot of things) 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I don't know what either of them look like.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM

When DH's ex finally started paying child support, they asked if we still had our EBT card from way back when when I was laid off. They use the same card for each.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)