Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Cold, but my chest hurts?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

Yes, I will be calling my doctor tomorrow, before someone says it. My kids both have strep, and I'm pretty sure they gave it to me, so I will be going in tomorrow. (thank you lovely children, for sharing THIS with me) I also have a cold, but noticed last night my chest was starting to slightly hurt when I breathe in heavily, and obviously now that I am coughing. I don't get sick often, so I dunno. What could the chest pain be?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kzuehlk
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:38 PM
I ended up with walking pneumonia not too long ago. It started with what I thought was strep and a cold and it turned into chest pain every time I took a breath
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Hmmm....mine only hurts if I breathe in deep. I noticed walking up and down the stairs earlier when I was cleaning took a bit of work, too. It's not horribly bad, but definately noticeable. It's a scary feeling when it hurts in your chest. Did they do anything for you, or does it just have to run its course? I am hoping to get in tomorrow, my throat is killing me.

Quoting kzuehlk:

I ended up with walking pneumonia not too long ago. It started with what I thought was strep and a cold and it turned into chest pain every time I took a breath

PurplePieguy
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I had pneumonia and ended up in the hospital for 12 days. Any type of chest pains I'd call to see what your doctor recommends.

monkeymom1104
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Don't forget to get new toothbrushes, many times parents forget, otherwise strep can come right back!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Yes. That is the first thing My kids said as soon as the results came back positive. Lol. They even know the drill. My oldest was bummed because I had just replaced his other one a few days before because it was time. Lol. 

Quoting monkeymom1104:

Don't forget to get new toothbrushes, many times parents forget, otherwise strep can come right back!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Could be bronchitis
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)