Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Really lady I'm done..

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

So dd birthday was last week and I chalked up as a I'm done when it comes for dh family...not one family member called to wish dd a happy birthday..MIL forgot because she was busy filling out taxes. BILS never heard a word from not one and grandma well that lady is a cold hearted B***** (literally the lady has 5 children and only kept one..the one she kept was a twin she gave the sister away because she was ugly. Yeah I know) anywho this morning BIL and his gf called..she has a child from a former marriage and BIL and her just had a baby together. Anywho they called and asked us what we were getting for her daughters birthday and what time they would like us to call them to wish her a happy birthday..I lost it..

basically told her and him that until they can treat my dd the way they wanted their children treated forget it..we have always called their children on their birthdays some years gifts depends on the budget because literally 3 of the 5 grandkids all have birthdays with in the same 2 weeks. They didn't even mention our dd birthday not a single happy birthday and I know they knew it was her birthday I only posted a crap ton of photos on Facebook because unfortunatly that is how most of both families can be apart of it. 

And when I said that this year we won't be getting gifts because budget is tight we have to move to TN to WA in the next couple months and are trying to buy a house..BIL gf threw a fit on how her dd needs to be treated like she is part of the family too..    IM DONE

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I would tell her that apparently being part of the family means everyone ignoring your birthday so it should be pretty easy to make get feel welcome. Lol.
I'm sorry no one called your dd though, that's frustrating.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have done the same as you....that sucks that they treat your child/children like that....smdh

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

ya... I would tell them to fuck themselves. good for you.

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM

I agree with you and are doing the same with some of our family. I know it is not the childrens fault but the sin of the parents does fall on the child here and it sux!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Exactly I try not to make it fall on the nieces and nephew because it not their faults all of them are under 6 but after Christmas we bought all the kids 2 dolls and a made lounge outfits..only one of the kids parents said thank you and wished audrina a merry Christmas I didn't even get to see the others we normally Skype on Christmas so everyone can kinda take part..I never expect gifts for dd I know that BILS are not as finically off as we are..we are not rich but we are okay.  But after a call asking us what we are getting her after dd party was just yesterday I lost it big time

Quoting mom2priceboys:

I agree with you and are doing the same with some of our family. I know it is not the childrens fault but the sin of the parents does fall on the child here and it sux!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Thx ladies it makes me feel better that I'm not over reacting and other ladies would have done the same

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Its really sad when family treats one another this way

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Sounds like her kid is being treated like part of the family since ignoring the children seem commonplace among some of your in laws!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I agree completely it sucks but sometimes it happens..in the long run we will call and wish all happy birthday we do every single year..this year they just are not getting gifts because its not in the budget

Quoting mommy_me:

Its really sad when family treats one another this way

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN