Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Im Bleeding!!!! What do I tell my son ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 69 Replies
What did you tell your son about menstrual cycles and when? I'm having the first period I've had in years (Iud, then pregnancy, then bf) and I'm scared of my son seeing it. I was in the shower and I had used the restroom but didn't flush because I didn't want the water to run cold and he almost came in to use the potty (like a hundred times before). I told him to go to the other one before he saw anything but I'm still scared he will see it somehow in the trash or something. So, what did you tell your son about it and when?
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM
He's 5
britmichele
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd tell him the truth, but child version :) mommies bleed
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slayerslegacy
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:42 PM
It hasn't been necessary to tell my son anything yet. When the time comes, I will explain it to him. There's nothing to freak out about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

My 7 yr old has yet to ask. I wouldn't worry about it until he does ask.I roll my tampons in toliet paper though so it is pretty hidden.

1likeme
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I told my boys that women have a uterus that grows babies and every month it sheds it's lining and that's called menstration. That seemed to be enough information.
Blah-a-dee
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I havent told my son anything about it yet. Andhe is soon to be 6 and he knows that sometimes I bleed. But Im watching this to see what others have told their sons. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM
3 moms liked this
Really? Its natural. Grow up
Anonymous
2 moms liked this
My son he was 3 at the time. He can into the bathroom while I was using it and asked me of i needed a band aid.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM

It would be a perfect time to talk about why you're bleeding.  Look on amazon for some books if you need help talking to him.  There are plenty that are geared towards boys.

Anonymous
I am just discreet when it's that time, so my 3 year old never sees anything.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)