Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This weekend!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
  • 1 Replies

So the weekend started off pretty A-OK. Got my tax return friday, went shopping with dh. Then, Friday night after I realized "oh shit I have somwhere to be" I took off my friend's mirror on his car trying to get my truck out of the driveway. Massive panic attack insues, dh's grandpa has to drive me over... All was good with the world because I passed out from my anxiety meds.

Yesterday I did a bit more shopping, been here. Shoveled snow most the night...

AND today I had to pull my mom and dad's cat out of a heat vent to get him out of their room.

They left Friday afternoon to go to an antique bike show, and I have been here... pretty much the whole time since then. The whole time I was thinking "oh boy. mom's not going to be happy Leo is missing..." Leo, being almost 18... he's a friggen old, grumpy... I guess he's entitled. lol

Anyways, me being here, looking for him EVERYWHERE (they locked the whole place down pretty tight, they've got a master lock on their bedroom because they're crazy.) But it's locked, I didn't even think he'd be in there. They usually toss all the animals outside when they leave, and I let them in when I get there, and all is good. I just figured he was outside, probably curled up and died or something drastic like that.

It's happened to us before.

Until today, that is. I walk in from shoveling snow and I hear his real annoying "PAY ATTENTION TO ME" cry.

"Oh hi leo. thought you died." I walk on by, sit down and start googling stuff. Didn't see him, but this place is a maze of crap, so I though he might be under something.

He continues his crying until I realize I hear scratching from the other side of their door. Well crap. The fastest way to get him out would be to take an axe to the door. But, my parents might've been a bit pissed off about that. Especially over a cat which no one really likes. He's a big grump and all.

So I call my mom, she doesn't answer. I leave her a "hey did you know you locked your cat inside your room" message and go up for a shower. I figure, he's been in there since Friday afternoon, a 30 minute shower won't kill him.

Mom calls while I'm in the shower and leaves "hello? Natalie? Are you there? Hello?" about three minutes of that, twice. She calls my sister (who lives in NC. No idea what good she'll do as I'm here in NY). Sis says mom says theres nothing I can do, but dad was talking over her saying to push the vent from the basement and pull him through that. He's skinny enough.

So that's what I just did. Friggen cat clawed me good, too. Stupid numnut shouldn't have been sleeping in the closet!

Hows your weekend been?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
nverheyn2011
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:55 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)