Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

determining surgery

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
How do they determine if you need surgery on your knee cap or knee in general? I broke mine and there are free floating parts. I see ortho soon but holy shit it hurts sooo bad no pain med helps
Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:36 PM
If there are free floating pieces, the doc will either need to remove them or try to rebuild your knee cap. I fractured mine in a car accident. I had to do 6 weeks of PT and wear a brace while it healed. When is your appointment?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM
I must call ortho tomorrow at 730am to set it up. Nothing helps, I broke it two days ago and I realize its gonna hurt, but holy crap

Quoting momof2891:

If there are free floating pieces, the doc will either need to remove them or try to rebuild your knee cap. I fractured mine in a car accident. I had to do 6 weeks of PT and wear a brace while it healed. When is your appointment?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

This is as of two min ago
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Bump
momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Are you in a brace? Crutches? You need to stay off of it as much as possible. What were you given for pain? Did they tell you to do RICE? Rest, ice, compression, and elevation. If there are free floating pieces, they might be pressing on the nerves.

Quoting Anonymous:

I must call ortho tomorrow at 730am to set it up. Nothing helps, I broke it two days ago and I realize its gonna hurt, but holy crap

Quoting momof2891:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
They gave me a brace but it does not hold it well and hurts to use my crutches even with brace. I was given 800mg motrin and Lortab. It doesn't help the pain. I went to a second ER they gave me Percocet that's when they told me it was actually broken.

I do the RICE but ice omg so painful for anything to touch it

Quoting momof2891:

Are you in a brace? Crutches? You need to stay off of it as much as possible. What were you given for pain? Did they tell you to do RICE? Rest, ice, compression, and elevation. If there are free floating pieces, they might be pressing on the nerves.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momof2891:

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Do you take the ibuprofen and lortab together? Hopefully ortho can figure something out. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

They gave me a brace but it does not hold it well and hurts to use my crutches even with brace. I was given 800mg motrin and Lortab. It doesn't help the pain. I went to a second ER they gave me Percocet that's when they told me it was actually broken.

Quoting momof2891:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momof2891:

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Try putting the ice around it and not right on it. I could never stand putting ice on my knee after hurting it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Yes ma'am I did and thank you

Quoting momof2891:

Do you take the ibuprofen and lortab together? Hopefully ortho can figure something out. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momof2891:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting momof2891:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I usually put it on the sides. I unwrapped to show the damAge

Quoting momof2891:

Try putting the ice around it and not right on it. I could never stand putting ice on my knee after hurting it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)