Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Modeling nude in the name of art?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
  • 23 Replies

I am here to confess while i was in college that i tgook a part time job as a figure model for art classesfor some extra money.   This required me to be nude, and though the thought of this @ the time was a little unnerving, I found the experience to be rewarding and healthy, and was happy with my decision.  I now have a daughter in college who is toying with the same idea.  I just told her to follow her instincts, that there is nothing wrong or degrading about modeling nude in the right environment.  what do you think?...would you do it?...have you done it?...would you encourage your daughter/ son to do the same?

J37
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM
2 moms liked this
I would totally do it if I had the body lol
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I would if I had the body for it and the pay was good.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't see a problem with it.
MamaTwinkleA
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
I was in one of those classes. We had a couple good models (1 guy came to model right after the gym). If I had the balls I would do it. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this

this is actually on my bucket list.  and at 45 I think it would be a hoot.  heck, might even be more fun the older and softer I get.  I know it would involve a more talented artist to get all my wrinkles right.  heck, drawing a soft young thing with boobs where they were meant to be is easy compared to saggy boobs, wrinkled weathered skin, and the wild gray hairs that never stay in place.

SourRoses
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I would do it. The human form male or female is very beautiful to me and expressed is such away as art is amazing.
Yes I would encourage my dd to do what she finds rewarding even if it posing nude for an art class.
illinoismommy83
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Man..... I had a requirement of 3 hrs of a fine art class for my degree, but I took some humanities class on asian history that fulfilled a non-western requirement and fine arts instead. Had I known I could have drawn some of my classmates while they posed naked I would have totally been in a nude doodle class.

J37
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

My daughter say the school is paying $18 hour to pose completely nude. 

J37
NewInChrist
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM
The Art Institute is always looking for older "models" for their art classes.

Op, I wouldn't do it nor would I encourage my child to. Not bashing but its just not something I'd do. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

this is actually on my bucket list.  and at 45 I think it would be a hoot.  heck, might even be more fun the older and softer I get.  I know it would involve a more talented artist to get all my wrinkles right.  heck, drawing a soft young thing with boobs where they were meant to be is easy compared to saggy boobs, wrinkled weathered skin, and the wild gray hairs that never stay in place.

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM
1 mom liked this

No one in my family has done it, but my husband has to draw off of nude models in his art class. Its a very tastefully done thing, nothing is sexualized and the model is purely used to appreciate the parts of the body. A breast is treated the same as an elbow when you are drawing, they are just shapes. My husband and I are against things like strip clubs which actually sexualize the body and have people do degrading things, but I don't think we would have a problem if one of the kids wanted to be a nude art model. I would never do it because personally I think my naked body is for myself and my husband, I wouldn't be comfortable doing it, but if someone is, good for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)