Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This one takes the cake....I am disgusted and heartbroken!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies

Last night I hung out with a friend of mine and she told me this story about a girl she knows. The girl told her this story herself and my friend isn't one who typically "gossips" a lot or who would exaggerate this story so I think it's mostly true. My friend was just disgusted and heartbroken as well, and was crying as she told me about this.

Apparently, this girl is addicted to painkillers really badly. Oxycodone mostly, a little bit of Vicodin, and some heroin if she can't get the oxy. She already has a daughter but her mom is raising her, and her boyfriend is just as badly addicted to drugs. She sells her food stamps every month and spends all of her cash assistance on drugs. 

She just had another baby a couple of months ago. This girl INTENTIONALLY got pregnant and INTENTIONALLY did drugs for her entire pregnancy. Because she was trying to have a baby with health problems so that she could get SSI for it. She didn't care about the baby at all. Her mom took care of her daugher and let her collect food stamps and cash assistance for her, so she just planned on giving this baby to her mom too, and collecting the SSI and increased food stamps and cash. 

The baby was born prematurely, and has some small health problems that I don't know the details of. She gave the baby to her mom and she has applied for SSI for him but it hasn't been accepted or denied yet. The hospital staff did notice that the baby had symptoms of withdrawal and drug tested her and the baby, and of course they both tested positive. But since she was just giving the baby to her mom anyways, nothing was done. 

I was just completely blown away by this. We've all heard the stories about people abusing PA and having more kids to get more PA. But to TRY to have a baby that is disabled you that you can collect SSI? I am a mother who DOES have a disabled child, and who does get SSI to help support him. I would give up that $713 a month in a HEARTBEAT if it meant my baby didn't have to go through all that he has to go through. I can't wrap my head around the fact that someone would choose to do that to their child. Addiction must be a powerful force......

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Luna091306
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Very disgusting!

twinners.mama
I have no words.......
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Some people are fucked up and use the system so they can be lazy pieces of shit. She should be sterilized and dropped off in prison.
autiemama516
by autismmommy on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Wow My dd is 10 and severely autistic with ID. I would give up that 700 in a heartbeat so she could be normal. What a lowlife scumbag. I hope she shapes up.

MrsFlores_2006
:/ some people are just not ment to be parents. She needs professional help.
km1970
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

So her mom is raising the kids, but still let's her daughter get the foodstamps, SSI and cash assistance?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM
2 moms liked this

Why would her mom be okay with that? That's seriously messed up and they all need to be turned in.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Wow=( i quit smoking ciggs the moment i found out i was pregnant. How sad that she harmed an angel for money
Beenhereforever
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
What a fucking bitch!
hddcooper
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Seems that mom is part of the problem here. This is just sad for those kids. I'll keep my opinion to myself of what should be done to that mother.

Quoting km1970:

So her mom is raising the kids, but still let's her daughter get the foodstamps, SSI and cash assistance?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)