Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tattoos instead of Rings?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM
  • 36 Replies
I am getting married on Feb. 20th! I've never cared about a ceremony or reception so we are just going to the courthouse. I would much rather spend money on our life together rather then a wedding (not bashing weddings, just not my style) Any Dh and I are going to get tattoos on our fingers instead of rings. So I just thought I'd see what u ladies think about that. Would u do it? Why or why not?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
youllneverknow
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM
I think it's a cute idea
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:02 PM
I wouldn't do it because I'd rather have a real ring, then I can pass it to y daughter and so on. If get a tattoo of my wedding date or something symbolizing my husband, but not a ring..
kathislove80
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:03 PM
I think hand tattoos are trashy. And definitely not for me. But thats just my humble opinion.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I wouldn't do it, because its just not my style.

But if you like it, cool :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
renner450
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:04 PM
I think it's a good idea.
Anonymous2u
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM
It's not actually going to be a tattoo of a ring. Just in the spot where the ring should be.

Quoting MistyMoo:

I wouldn't do it because I'd rather have a real ring, then I can pass it to y daughter and so on. If get a tattoo of my wedding date or something symbolizing my husband, but not a ring..

JonesMama
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

It doesn't really appeal to me, but it is kind of a cool idea. You never have to worry about losing your ring or having it stolen, either. lol

LoveyCakes
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Not something that I would do because of this thing called divorce. I know that people don't go into marriages with the thought of divorce but a tattoo for something like that is a no-go fo me personally. What you do is your business.

dudestfd
by Silver Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:12 PM

The only down side is if something goes wrong you would have tot cover it or removed. 

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I don't want any tats on my hands. I rather have a ring. The last thing I want is to not be hired for a job because of it. They'll see it sooner or later.

Quoting Anonymous2u:

It's not actually going to be a tattoo of a ring. Just in the spot where the ring should be.

Quoting MistyMoo:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)