Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want my 2 yo to have more social interactions..ideas?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

The only time my daughter gets to play with other children her age is when her cousin comes from out of town to visit. Otherwise I play with her a ton, but I think shed benefit more to see more children her age. None of my friends have children her age, and she doesn't go to daycare. We can't afford daycare. We could if I was working, but if I was working I wouldn't be able to finish school/raise her the way I want to. Blah. Also, I looked into the Ywca and the classes don't start til age 4. What should I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
emariec89
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM
Your local library should have toddler story time, she will be able to play with other kids and maybe u can meet other moms for play dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jdy9440
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Find so done in your area with a in home daycare and call and see if she offers one day a week?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Look for local mom groups. Find a play place or gymnastics. Swimming lessons. Go make friends with mommys that have babies your kids age.
mommiemissie
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:08 PM

In my area, they had something called Kindergym. Started from about a year of age up to three or four years of age. It is a 1 hour long class that allows the kids to play on soft toys and balls, along with their parents guideance and supervision. The local recreation department had it. Cost only about 35 or so for 4 weeks of classes meeting once a week

Elle.tea.22
by Emerald Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:14 PM
We will be moving around the time DS turns 1. We will have a birthday party and invite the neighbors even if we don't know them. It will be house warming/party. Even if he's just 1 we will have bouncy house and painting for the kids. It will keep Em busy while I meet their parents! And the LOs around mines age will hopefully go to the same school. It's stuff to look into :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM

I have been looking into it, and I cannot find any type of playgroup or anything like that in my area. That would be so nice if there was. There are a lot of dead-beats in my town that don't take a huge interest in their children's social development. It's kind of sad. I think that is why there is no such thing around here. It wouldn't flourish here :(

Quoting mommiemissie:

In my area, they had something called Kindergym. Started from about a year of age up to three or four years of age. It is a 1 hour long class that allows the kids to play on soft toys and balls, along with their parents guideance and supervision. The local recreation department had it. Cost only about 35 or so for 4 weeks of classes meeting once a week

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Is there a church that offers a mommy morning out? I worked at one through a local church. It was two days a week from 8-11. I can't remember if they charged anything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Funny, there is something just like that at my church but it runs during my nursing calculations class :(

Quoting momof2891:

Is there a church that offers a mommy morning out? I worked at one through a local church. It was two days a week from 8-11. I can't remember if they charged anything.

missamanda86
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Do they have a daycare at the college? I know where I go to school they do, and its not pricey at all

momof2891
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Which is over first? The thing at church or your class? Just wondering.

Quoting Anonymous:

Funny, there is something just like that at my church but it runs during my nursing calculations class :(

Quoting momof2891:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)