Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel so guilty...

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Sometimes wanting to have another baby, but know that over population is a real thing. How can I just add to the numbers of humans. There are too damn many as is, but I REALLY want another baby. 

I always think that MAYBE just maybe I'll be able to tell myself no. Yet I never get to that official no because it's the right thing to do.

I want another baby. v.v 

(Also as a disclaimer-- my opinion doesn't mean I think YOU are wrong for having more/many babies. That is your personal choice. This post is only about me, my conscience and the feels on the world around me.) 

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilfishbigocean
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I don't see a problem with having another baby, as long as you can afford to.

lnr187
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM

how many children do you have already? if you're uncomfortable with it, then don't. but if you really want a baby, and can afford to have one, then you have every right to!

EAzizM
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I am sure one more baby won't cause the world to crumble. Hugs
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

Personally I think that is something too big to feel guilty about.  Your one extra kid would not be damaging or push us over the edge. 

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I cannot currently afford it. This is a in the future goal. Working on it but taking all the steps to make it does not happen until my  family(I can afford) is ready for it. 

Quoting lilfishbigocean:

I don't see a problem with having another baby, as long as you can afford to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM

with more and more people not having as many kids, if any at all, I think you having 1 or 2 more won't be a problem. if you want another baby and can afford it, go for it. later on in life you really might regret not having more if thats what you really want.

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I have two boys 9&11 currently.

Quoting lnr187:

how many children do you have already? if you're uncomfortable with it, then don't. but if you really want a baby, and can afford to have one, then you have every right to!

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I have contributed more than my fair share to the World Population Explosion......I doubt one or 2 more will be  a deal breaker

audreesmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:19 PM
Why not adopt a baby at birth?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM

ehhh. I mean. I appreciate the sentiment, but if I was going to adopt it would be an older child. Since they are usually subjected to crappy lives as wards of the state or in foster care. 

It's more about conception with my SO, pregnancy and birth of a baby. All that goes with that.. breastfeeding, raising a child, and etc 

Quoting audreesmama:

Why not adopt a baby at birth?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)