Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Have you ever know someone who wet nursed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies

I didn't realize until the other day that my grandmother not only nursed her own 4 children but also wet nursed a baby at the hospital (she told me the story: after my uncle was born there was a preemie baby who's mother abandoned him. She nursed my uncle as well as the baby..unfortunately the baby passed. this was the 50's in a rural hospital)

have you ever know someone who nursed a child that was not her own? Have you--would you? (I don't just mean donated milk but that as well)

Posted by Anonymous on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM
No, but I donated milk to a coworker
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:33 PM
My MIL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:34 PM
My niece would bf my gs while my dd was at work.
javakitty2011
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I don't know anyone who has done this. While this used to be the norm, now  everyone is concerned about medications, drugs and diseases being passed through breast milk, which is why it is wise to go through a milk bank. I could tell you I am healthy and don't take drugs but you wouldn't really know that for sure.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM

I did actually. my BFF had a baby and was really and couldn't t nurse and take some medication( I can't remember the name of it now). She asked if I'd nurse her son. He was a week younger than my DD.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
My grandma mom and aunt..
T-Rentsmommy06
by Gold Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM
No, but I did donate milk to a milk bank after delivering my surrogate baby. I offered some of the milk to a friend at the time as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:37 PM

I never met a wetnurse but I know 2 sisters who had babies within a month of another and whenever they'd babysit for each other they'd just feed both babies rather than fuss with pumping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Feb. 10, 2013 at 4:43 PM

I have nursed a couple of my friend's kids:) have had two nurse my daughter:) I would only let people I trust *literally* with my childs life to nurse them:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)